The Dempsey's Megathread

skyfitsboy

I think you are both forgetting one thing ........... maybe not everyone went to Dempseys before Fuel ....... I actaully went to the other club you both forgot to mention ..... Xes ...... and I have started to go back there again..........

They might have done upstairs but they really need to do something with the downstairs part ... its shocking and thats what eveyone sees from the outside

yes dempseys has applied 4 a later opening time but as yet have not heard anything. and so what if the downstairs isnt as nice as it cud be does it really matter that its not perfect? after all, straight people go there too and you know, the upstairs is proper camp anyway. U have to realise, football fans walk past the downstiars all the time and if any trouble kicks off because its too outrageously camp downstairs what will happen then? u shudnt juge a place on the look off it, ok, looks mean soimething but not everythuing. I only go to dempseys because its full of friendly people not because of what it looks like lol x

• 1 month later...

"be pleased for gods sake. compared to most cities sheffields gay scene is hopeless and the backbiting and namecalling among the community doesn't help. its about time the city got a decent scene"

Thanks, Discodown and Sexy 90210, your messages get to the point perfectly!

The MORE Gay venues, and 'Gay Nights' at mainstream Venues there are, the BETTER it is for all; not just the LGBT Community, but for a more integrated scene as a whole.

For those who havent been to Dempseys for a while, I must say that I was knocked back with a feather when they unveiled the new-look upstairs for the first time -It is FABULOUS! a huge bar, stylish wall decor, new floor, and of course the cage!

Now, all that is needed is, yes, to do something about the downstairs; Oh, and the staircase as well; also the Cocktail Bar could do with a new look to match the main upstairs room.

Still, with the downstairs, I like the large telly they now have for the Karaoke, and the better chairs they got about a year ago, but the rest of the furniture downstairs looks grim. The food, though, both in range, and in availability (You can order food until VERY late) is fantastic, and that is one of the main selling points of Dempseys during the daytime!

Perhaps the most immediate priority would be to do something about the very dated signs outside and the dirty grey shutters which are closed early in the evening for security; How about painting them with Rainbow colours of something?

[red]

Tyranna -THE Sheffield Drag Queen!

[/red]

"be pleased for gods sake. compared to most cities sheffields gay scene is hopeless and the backbiting and namecalling among the community doesn't help. its about time the city got a decent scene"

Thanks, Discodown and Sexy 90210, your messages get to the point perfectly!

The MORE Gay venues, and 'Gay Nights' at mainstream Venues there are, the BETTER it is for all; not just the LGBT Community, but for a more integrated scene as a whole.

and the community as a whole. i have to say i love the irony of plug now being next to niche:D :hihi: :hihi: :thumbsup:

Perhaps the most immediate priority would be to do something about the very dated signs outside and the dirty grey shutters which are closed early in the evening for security; How about painting them with Rainbow colours of something?

[red]

Tyranna -THE Sheffield Drag Queen!

[/red]

... hmm, a bit too 'in ya face' for sheffield perhaps?:hihi:

i think the old bigots in the city would lynch the shutters.

Archived