The Dempsey's Megathread

skyfitsboy

Can anyone tell me what is going to happen to Dempsey's with regards to the Moor redevelopment? Will it be relocated if the bottom of the Moor is pulled down etc? Sorry, I haven't been to Dempsey's for ages so I haven't heard anything.

Prolly somehwere cheap and out of the way if it does reopen. But this surely must be a few years yet- Who knows. I know there are plans for the moor that include more of a mix rather than just shops so bars and clubs will open around there making it more 24hr rather than it being while the shops are open.

I've heard that Dempsey's will be able to stay on the current site 'until 2012', when the current building is finally phased for redevelopment, possibly as part of one big site including the Moorfoot 'Pyramid'.

SO back on topic then - has Dempseys improved in the last few months since the introduction of the new screens, the great Karaoke nights and the regular meal theme nights ? (The recent thai curry night was mmmmmmmm) and is it right that a bar like Dempseys should have a cage to dance in?

SO back on topic then - has Dempseys improved in the last few months since the introduction of the new screens, the great Karaoke nights and the regular meal theme nights ? (The recent thai curry night was mmmmmmmm) and is it right that a bar like Dempseys should have a cage to dance in?

Personally i think it not very different to before? It does look more modern and cleaner but the music and crowd hasn't changed. That is not meant in a negative way I think the place is ok when we have been. Though my opinion on the music is not so positive the mixing is non existent and can jump from r&b to cheesy sing-a-long in a matter of seconds that is an area I think needs some attention. It is one thing to cater for all but not in the same 30 minute set.

Why should it not have a cage? It really is just a small stage with bars and now it even has stair access for those that can't jump up and squeeze between the bars ( I think if you can't jump and squeeze through you probably shouldn't be in there anyway!)

At least the staff are friendlier than certian other venues and remember you with a welcoming attitude and the door prices aren't silly. £6 for fuel ! I used to spend 3 weeks in Miami every yr and we paid $15 for Crobar (£7) http://www.crobar.com/ http://www.crobar.com/design/ and that is a club worth £7!

Personally i think it not very different to before? It does look more modern and cleaner but the music and crowd hasn't changed. That is not meant in a negative way I think the place is ok when we have been. Though my opinion on the music is not so positive the mixing is non existent and can jump from r&b to cheesy sing-a-long in a matter of seconds that is an area I think needs some attention. It is one thing to cater for all but not in the same 30 minute set.

Why should it not have a cage? It really is just a small stage with bars and now it even has stair access for those that can't jump up and squeeze between the bars ( I think if you can't jump and squeeze through you probably shouldn't be in there anyway!)

At least the staff are friendlier than certian other venues and remember you with a welcoming attitude and the door prices aren't silly. £6 for fuel ! I used to spend 3 weeks in Miami every yr and we paid $15 for Crobar (£7) http://www.crobar.com/ http://www.crobar.com/design/ and that is a club worth £7!

I can't squeeze between the bars but I have a dance in the cage whenever I am in Dempseys for a boogie. :hihi:

Archived