The Dempsey's Megathread

skyfitsboy

scot yes str8 lads n lasses do go there been a doorman myself i like to go there for a drink after work no hassle dont have to look over your shoulder stress free go down one night show your badge get in for free

but it is a FULL TIME gay bay NOT gay FRIENDLY so you WILL or MAY get GAY MEN LOOKING at you and SOME GAY MEN may TRY it on with you (that's if your lucky)

may even touch you bum ....

but it may be STAIGHT AGAIN as i hear that the old door woman is back and she was the one who let all the straights in

BUT IT'S A GAY BAR??? is it not

scot yes str8 lads n lasses do go there been a doorman myself i like to go there for a drink after work no hassle dont have to look over your shoulder stress free go down one night show your badge get in for free

Course thursday nights - male stripper nights - give the straight lasses something to look at if any do get in but I do LIKE the fact that its a strict members only club and well policed and mainly gay - makes us feel safer ...

• 2 months later...

I went in there for the first time in a couple of months and was disappointed at the atmosphere, less friendly than it used to be.

Now I may be one of the quieter souls in there, not the life and soul of the party, but as someone who has been going regularly for over 3 years, you would at least expect someone to ask how you are, how you've been etc.

This is especially so when a certain member of bar staff, that I would previously have counted as friend, knew I had been in hospital during the intervening period, and why.

Any friendly words said, I now know to be just that, words, as I KNOW they do not actually care about their customers.

and before people point out how busy they were, they weren't busy last night.

Why are the gay people of Sheffield so different to other cities. Seriously, 'we feel safer'!? I kiss my boyfriend in all the 'straight' places, you think anyone cares? no! You may get the odd look but seriously NO. I don't understand why the gay people of Sheffield feel they need to lock themselves away, how is gay pride going to work here next year?? You go to canal street in Manchester there are loads of straight people, do you feel threatened? NO, haha. Come on people :loopy:. I don't understand these membership places, silly! You don't get membership places in Soho, only for the exclusive bars, COME ON SHEFFIELD CATCH UP!

Archived