The Dempsey's Megathread

skyfitsboy

If they are closing it down I bagsy first offer to buy that manhatten skyline so iconic of Dempseys :-)

Only if I can have the deep fat fryer, the source of the aroma so iconic of Dempseys.

• 4 weeks later...

well this was on their website

Colin and Kieron would like to express thanks to all of you who sent emails expressing relief that Dempsey's is staying put. Last month we reported that we had signed a brand new 15 year lease on our existing premises. Despite this the message does not appear to have filtered through other websites and still the gossips talk about Dempsey's closing. No, no, no! You read it here first and there are going to be many, many more riotous nights over the coming years

Well thats good news.

Colin and Kieron would like to express thanks to all of you who sent emails expressing relief that Dempsey's is staying put. Last month we reported that we had signed a brand new 15 year lease on our existing premises. Despite this the message does not appear to have filtered through other websites and still the gossips talk about Dempsey's closing. No, no, no! You read it here first and there are going to be many, many more riotous nights over the coming years

Well thats good news.

Well thats the best news I have heard all winter Spider Pete - I shall continue to support Dempseys as a loyal customer and I'm sure they will bring lots of other loyal customers along with them since it certainly has a unique atmosphere amongst bars (str8 or gay) in Sheffield.

Since we are now a slightly aging cotery of loyal followers I do hope thye cater for our special needs in the next 15 years.

I suggest as a start introducing cheap OAP meals on Sundays if they havent already.

We should also have a special golden years membership card that entitles us to a free bingo card on tuesdays.

They should also fit a stanner stair lift (in addition to the steps) to their dancing cage on the upstairs dance floor to enable us to still physically get up there and shake our aging bootys - they may have to widen the whole contraption also to accommodate zimmer frames since I would not want to be stabbing younger revellers in the foot with it as I freak out and shake my booty to some thumping techno and deep house - or indeed Amy Winehouse - may she be having many a hit 15 years from now if she keeps on the straight and narrow ... :-)

Well thats good news.

Looks like I have somewhere to go for a good while yet then!

May I also express my congratulations to Colin and Keiron for assuring the future of Dempseys for another 15 years.

Are there any plans for a drastic refurb? Redesigned toilets downstairs, a smokers' balcony on the first floor (Just like Nightingale, Birmingham), maybe a top floor chill-out lounge, and perhaps even a lift for the disabled? The costs of any major refurb would be huge, but it would be a worthwhile investment for the next 15 years, and serious money has already been sunk into features such as the new TV screens.

Long Live Dempsey's, Sheffield's LOCAL LGBT Cabaret Venue!

Oh not forgetting, was handed a flyer for a forth-coming event (stoopid scanner isnt working at the moment)

Monday 25th Feb

award Winning Vocalist : Gary Phillips

The sweet of the Sheff gay Seen Slap & Tickle

Plus special guest performers TBA (probably be bar staff in drag)

There is no price on the flyer so not sure if there is a slightly more change or same door prices, shall find out when I am next down.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh not forgetting, was handed a flyer for a forth-coming event (stoopid scanner isnt working at the moment)

Monday 25th Feb

award Winning Vocalist : Gary Phillips

The sweet of the Sheff gay Seen Slap & Tickle

Plus special guest performers TBA (probably be bar staff in drag)

There is no price on the flyer so not sure if there is a slightly more change or same door prices, shall find out when I am next down.

Didn't get to see this, as I was on the ferry back from a weekend at Alternative Miss Cork in Ireland, but how did the show go?

On 10th March, there is a Clairvoyant doing readings; from what I saw on the poster, entry to the session is £5.

Archived