The Dempsey's Megathread

skyfitsboy

Ooooh I would be interested in the clairvoyant readings Tyranna so long as they didnt tell me anything bad ..... I'm hoping that my aunty Mary passed over in ireland can offer me advice on which drag acts to b :)ook for the summer season that will be most popular ...

Went out on Friday night to Dempsey's and I had a good night. It was really busy and the atmosphere seemed ok. I know a lot of people have negative things to say about Dempsey's but most of the times when I go there I have a ok time. (although I have had some rubbish night there lol).

As we all know now that Dempseys is staying put for some years yet, I am really wishing that Colin will embark on some kind of phased refurbishment which will truly bring the club into the 21st Century, like a kind of 'Mini Nightingale'! We'll just have to wait and see on this, though, in the meantime, plenty's going on down at 'D's!

I am really wishing that Colin will embark on some kind of phased refurbishment which will truly bring the club into the 21st Century, like a kind of 'Mini Nightingale'!

You keep harping on about it but Nightingales is not all that. If they were to refurbish the place they would be better of doing something unique rather than just copying another bar.

You keep harping on about it but Nightingales is not all that. If they were to refurbish the place they would be better of doing something unique rather than just copying another bar.

True, point taken, but I remember the first time I visited Nightingales, about 4 years ago, now, I had never, not even in London, seen anything quite as sophisticated or in a class of its own in terms of gay clubs; even the famous Heaven at Charing Cross looked dingy in comparison, being located in railway arches....

Plenty more clubs have followed the Nightingale model, and i was just using it as an example of very good design!

even the famous Heaven at Charing Cross looked dingy in comparison, being located in railway arches....

I like Heaven, the building (if you can call it that) has character, it's not just a concrete box with a standard layout. It might be a bit dingy but thats part of the appeal.

True, point taken, but I remember the first time I visited Nightingales, about 4 years ago, now, I had never, not even in London, seen anything quite as sophisticated or in a class of its own in terms of gay clubs; even the famous Heaven at Charing Cross looked dingy in comparison, being located in railway arches....

Plenty more clubs have followed the Nightingale model, and i was just using it as an example of very good design!

shes off again................promoting other places, suppose you will be doing an act there soon too. TOPIC TOPIC TOPIC

Have to agree here, last thing we want is for someone to walk in and say "gawd this place looks like Nightingales", and then walk out.

xes is a dug filled flea bit, the sooner people stop going and it shuts the better.

That was totally off topic, and in my opinion, I think Xes is a very well maintained, clean venue, with some recent improvements.

Pete, I don't think anyone would compare Dempsey's to Nightingale, as it is a LOT smaller, even if the much rumored plan a few years back to open a third floor had come to pass.

All I have been saying is that the Gale offers features unequalled in most clubs, such as a seperate restaurant and a piano-bar!

If Dempseys does open a third floor, they could offer an amazing variety of entertainment experiences, but I think the 'third floor' might be off the agenda if major work is needed such as better access, especially if a lift will be needed, re. disabled access regulations.....:love:

Archived