The Dempsey's Megathread

skyfitsboy

the big problem with dempseys is that apart from it being a gay club i have no idea what happens there.

whats the music policy?

who dj's there?

whats the difference between friday and saturday night?

why is it never promoted?

all these questions and more need answering to give it a proper identity then it might get more punters.

the gay scene in sheffield is shockingly under promoted and represented. if the venues that are around stopped hiding and started shouting a bit maybe the scene would pick up

Yes you have valid points here, at least Climax, Fuel and Xes have websites and you can work out what is happening, there is nothing for Dempseys, I have tried contacting them several times about the above questions and still awaiting a reply, maybe Happysherpa is right and they are "set in their ways". I don`t even know who owns it, anyone got any ideas ?

you hit the nail on the head...

Dempseys have done a little work on their club..and its looking pretty trendy upstairs.. now they need to promote the club, get a website and a few leaflets. I think maybe the staff that work there are tooo old and stuck in the old days lol

Dempseys..its time to move forwards. Someone give them a Shake!!

I have to agree. Knowing some of the bar staff, they're quite keen to do this stuff but the owners don't like spending the money.

Personally, if I'd spent some money doing the place up, I'd spend the little extra to get it marketed properly.

whats the music policy?

Not sure, it is different for each night, but it's only posted up inside the club...

who dj's there?

2 or 3 of the bar staff usually.

whats the difference between friday and saturday night?

saturday night is usually busier.

why is it never promoted?

see my earlier post

you hit the nail on the head...

Dempseys have done a little work on their club..and its looking pretty trendy upstairs.. now they need to promote the club, get a website and a few leaflets. I think maybe the staff that work there are tooo old and stuck in the old days lol

Dempseys..its time to move forwards. Someone give them a Shake!!

Oh yeah defo 'Old 80's Erasure Gay' but to be fair they have improved a little with the decor change but I very much doubt that would of happened if Fuel had not come along....I'm sure they will keep their faithful crowd. However they should really be moving with the times...

Yes you have valid points here, at least Climax, Fuel and Xes have websites and you can work out what is happening, there is nothing for Dempseys, I have tried contacting them several times about the above questions and still awaiting a reply, maybe Happysherpa is right and they are "set in their ways". I don`t even know who owns it, anyone got any ideas ?

Good god, even I know who owns it - its Keiron and Ian, Keiron dj's upstairs and Ian does downstairs with the karaoke when Rat isnt doing it.

Good god, even I know who owns it - its Keiron and Ian, Keiron dj's upstairs and Ian does downstairs with the karaoke when Rat isnt doing it.

Oh good, fanxs for letting me know, maybe my last few attempts of addressing everything to "The Manager" got them all confused, lol

but the owners don't like spending the money.

it costs them a first class stamp to get advertised properly on my webiste, surely they can even afford that :o :o

Does anyone know if they have a email address ?, surely they musthave one of these in todays technology :)

Oh good, fanxs for letting me know, maybe my last few attempts of addressing everything to "The Manager" got them all confused, lol

it costs them a first class stamp to get advertised properly on my webiste, surely they can even afford that :o :o

Does anyone know if they have a email address ?, surely they musthave one of these in todays technology :)

Best suggestion, go in one weekend with a digital camera.

Have a word with Keiron and let him know you want to give the place some publicity on your site.

He is a decent bloke, Im sure he wont mind.

Right,

I've spoken on the phone to an ex of mine who works there.

Colin and Kieran are the joint owners and managers, Colin being the licence holder.

Kieran, Ian, Dawn and Paul all do DJ slots upstairs.

Tues - Quiz night

Wed - Karoake with Ian as DJ

Thur - Stripper

Sun - Karoake with rat as DJ

Mon, Fri and sat are Disco/Dance nights with lots of requests to be played.

M

wow we are definitly gettting somewhere..at this rate.. Fuel wil be closing down haha ha ha

we just need to gather all this information.. make up a draft website.. and leaflets... and put the idea to Dempseys.. easy peasy.. altho i cant see any of this happening... Prove me wrong lol

Archived