The Dempsey's Megathread

skyfitsboy

I would have done, but I found a load of pins and so I stayed in and stuck them into my eyes.

You should have come along to Dempseys dear - we have plenty of knitting needles behind the bar there - I myself am knitting a woolly jersey at the bar there and regularly reminiscing with the bar staff about the good old days raving up in the Cossack when I was in my 50s ....

Well back on the subject of Dempseys - does anyone know what the rules on guests are - I tried to get in as a member with a friend of mine at only 9:20 on a Wednesday evening and they tried to demand 5 quid from me ? Does that sound right ? We ended up just not going in instead as it did look dead at that time and we only wanted one drink - it would have been expensive at 5 quid + drink price - my friend was appalled

Well back on the subject of Dempseys - does anyone know what the rules on guests are - I tried to get in as a member with a friend of mine at only 8:20 on a Wednesday evening and they tried to demand 5 quid from me ? Does that sound right ? We ended up just not going in instead as it did look dead at that time and we only wanted one drink - it would have been expensive at 5 quid + drink price - my friend was appalled

I am surprised anyone was on the door at 8.20, I went the same night and got there at about, 9ish and didnt pay. :suspect::suspect:

I changed it to 9:20pm sorry typo but it was still before 10 !!!

Benson dont mention twinks to me maybe that why they charged me because a certain recent notorious incident involving me and someone that has got all the bar staff gossiping ...

And no it wasnt a twink at the door it was the full formal compliment Dempsey door crew, Colin, Roy and Dawn !!!

I would have thouight that at least they would have allowed a Dempsey regular to bring in a gay (well bi!) friend that they had seen in there once before for free ....

I was most upset and may not be such a Dempseys regular in future .. in fact I may begin to sound more like Chox and have my misgivings about the place !!!

Archived