The Dempsey's Megathread

skyfitsboy

I am having problems picturing where this pub is, even googled it and doesnt ring a bell, neither does the street.

I am hopeless lol :(

sorry spiderpete i didnt get a chance to come back on the thread yesterday. the shakespeare is on the right, just along gibraltar street past west bar. it's a really great pub, totally unchanged, with stone floors; really great atmosphere.

anyway tia anna's poetry night was a great success! ive posted a few of the videos ive put together of the night on my youtube channel, fluffyheliumflash, here although there's more to come.

Ah yes I arrived too late on the first night with my young friend ;-) = only to find most of the performances winding up with just Tyranna left with a didgery doo and a small musical instrument beginning with O - not an oboe? Okinawaphone or ophinoscope or somehting ...well I was a bit Tiopsy by then ! I have a lot of poetry written over the years and I'm dying to come along some night and perform there - when is the next one Tyranna ?

Thanks for the posts re. the GALA World Music and Poetry Nights; yes, I am planning something in September along similar lines at the Shakespeare, as well as a much larger GALA festival for 2009, for which I will need commercial sponsors. Watch the appropriate thread for more details.

Anyway, Back To Topic, regarding Wi-Fi and web surfing; could Dempseys look at something like this; a good location for a couple of free web surfing computers would be along the end wall upstairs between the Cocktail Bar and the pool table.

Thanks for the posts re. the GALA World Music and Poetry Nights; yes, I am planning something in September along similar lines at the Shakespeare, as well as a much larger GALA festival for 2009, for which I will need commercial sponsors. Watch the appropriate thread for more details.

Anyway, Back To Topic, regarding Wi-Fi and web surfing; could Dempseys look at something like this; a good location for a couple of free web surfing computers would be along the end wall upstairs between the Cocktail Bar and the pool table.

Not sure on that one tho you do have to bend quiate a bit over and reach back a long way with the cue when playing pool there ... might be some nasty accidents !

Archived