The Dempsey's Megathread

skyfitsboy

...Bit more than round the corner, but you're right, Gayham, it should be easy enough to do the two in one night without a taxi between them.

I remember when DQ first opened and downstairs it had a fantastic ALL WHITE decor; white walls, lighting, white leather sofas, and I got thinking to myself in one of my fantasies: What would Dempseys downstairs look like if they gave it the same cool treatment lol.....

DQ is still a great venue though, with Rah Rah Rah AND Razor Stiletto each month!

BTW, there is someting on Facebook about a fashion show with clothes on sale as well TONIGHT, Tuesday at Dempseys; I asked about this this afternoon, but the day staff didn't know anything about it, and thought I should come back later on to see if it is actually happening...

I'll probably pop by quickly just to see what is going on tonight...

Went along late yesterday, and the fashion show was just starting; they had a great team of models and I enjoyed it, although the catwalk would have looked better if it had been closer to the windows side of the room, with more space to lay chairs out, as the models had to continually push through the spectators to get on/off the catwalk.

Looking forward to the live acts on this Thursday. I've been told that it includes a band, something which Dempseys haven't often done before to my knowledge.

The upstairs looks great now, with the new decor around the cage and the re-done tables; A couple of things which I would love to see Dempseys adding include a real Espresso coffee machine (This would be popular for daytime) and Wi-Fi for those of us who might bring our laptops there...

As Carborundum said in their post, this coming Thursday (14th August) features a full evening of entertainment, 'Double Bass, Brass & Bras', compered by neo-cabaret artiste Warren Peace and his live band. Featuring Burlesque performances, comedy, male stripper and live music from Warren Peace Treaty and Denby Grace.

It promises to be a night of high camp, the likes of which Demspeys (or elsewhere for that matter) has never seen before!

All this for only £2 (for members) and £3 (non-members)

clink link below to see a pretty flyer of the event....

n501580070_1606140_7851.jpg

Ooooh it all sounds very enticing - I might look in then around 9 ish - especially for the camp cabaret and burlesque stripper !

Just been chatting to one of my friends who saw Corrina (one of the Dempseys) door staff in Xs the other night and she said that Dempseys is closing down because they can't compete with Fuel.

Apparently the past few weeks the place has been deserted.

If this is true, it is a little bit sad had lots of good night outs in there.

I just thought I would repeat the first post of this thread to show how far Dempseys has come to the present day and look at the "big threat" Fuel Sheffield now ...

Thursday 14th - An evening of music and burleque performance at Dempseys !

featuring

Warren Peace Treaty & Denby Grace

plus Deadly Nightshade

Cherry Du Bois

Knickerbocker Glory

Depravity Jane

Male Stripper

Must say this was a thoroughly enjoyable evening, and quite a few people there as well.

Lets hope they do this kind of night again :)

I went there on thurs on my own after having a drink with a few friends downtown. Popped in not knowing it was a special evening of entertainment. I've not been in Dempsey's for probably over a year. It was quite busy downstairs for the acts but upstairs was dead. I only caught Warren Peace etc. and the Male Stripper. Not seen one for years and he was pretty good I thought. On a side note, I loved the old black & white film footage shown on the flat screen TV's. Is there a male version ?!

Wish I'd know you regulars were in as I'm still curious about what you all look like ? Where were you all stood during the acts ? Near that guy with the movie camera ?

Yup, I went along to see Warren Peace Treaty and wasn't disappointed!

Apparently they are the FIRST EVER live band to play in Dempseys and there are going to be more nights like this with live bands and other esoteric entertainment that you rarely find on the Gay Scene.

I'll probably get a slot at one of the future nights they will be doing; a friend of mine organised Thursday's show...

Archived