Cscs card needed

Not 100% but i need this card to work on refineary/ noticed most construction jobs need these cards. Think its more like a health and safety cert.

Nearly all main stream construction companies require everyone on site to have them now, to be honest the training itself is a little tedious and is merely the basics of applying common sense when on site e.g not listening to music on noisy building sites, and how to life properly. However it covers the company from the wrath of the HSE should anything happen to you on site in one sense.

Try a place called LLITE, its a training place down attercliffe, maybe they can help you get funding or offer to put you through it cheap.

I bought the cd for it when I did mine but to be honest it really isn't hard to pass if you have common sense. I think its only about 30 quid for to go in for it anyhow.

• 6 months later...

Have a word with an advisor at the job center,they will send you on a course.........be warned,the course might last 2 weeks and you will be doing basic maths,english etc as this is how the company gets its revenue.There will be a cscs test at the end of it though.

Archived