New Greystones pub

mikeypidge

I've been in the Greystones a few times since it opened and it's been busy with a great atmosphere each time - the music isn't really intrusive 'cos it's in the other half of the pub. Good job too, I thought someone had fallen into the piano but apparently it was jazz night.

I'm def going to do my bit to support a local business by drinking many pints in there. I like the green paint too, can any paint geeks tell me what shades they are, my attic needs painting.

• 5 weeks later...
I think this place could get very popular as there will be a lot of ex Prince of Wales customers looking for somewhere new to drink.

I'll definitely take a look, but really I'm hoping that the Prince of Wales fails as a restaurant and becomes more of a pub again. We went once and it's way overpriced for the quality of the food.

Good to see that the music nights at the Greystones are to be reinstated too. I remember going to see John Martyn play there when it was the Highcliffe, but that was many many years ago in the mid seventies.

• 1 month later...

Are the bands that are booked recording artists, or can anyone perform?

We just started up our old punk rock band from 1979 last year as a laugh for the bass players birthday, and somehow the locals here in Harworth liked us.

Funny thing is they all hated us back then!

We play original and covers of 70s punk songs..plus an 80s one called Nelly the Elephant originally by the Toy Dolls. RAY

• 5 months later...
Don't go Rich, it's in S11 so must by definition be full of snobs, you wouldn't be comfortable. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be welcome anyway, I have Google on my new phone, I'd be tempted to cheat for the answers :D

Last ever quiz in the Robin Hood tomorrow night :D

Also, I hate to be pedantic but last time I went the Greystones was on Crookes, which is in S10.

I wouldn't be welcome anyway, I have Google on my new phone, I'd be tempted to cheat for the answers :D

Last ever quiz in the Robin Hood tomorrow night :D

Also, I hate to be pedantic but last time I went the Greystones was on Crookes, which is in S10.

That was The Grindstone, this may come as a shock but The Greystones is situated in Greystones, which is in S11. :hihi:

We went anyway. For future reference should anyone else need this information. The quiz starts at 9. it was £1 per team to enter and lasts until about 1/4 to 11. It was good although we didn't win.:( The same team won all three different parts!

And yes it is in S11 - postcode for the pub says so. :)

And yes the beers are Thornbridge. I may have imagined it but i'm sure I saw Leffe too.

Archived