I actually can not get over my ex partner.

Strike up serious relationships with your girlfriends...go out and spend, lots of clothing, shoes, make-up..clubbing. Reduce the time you allow yourself to ponder over self pity. Find who you are now rather than the memories of who you were through who you were with.

God you're so young I wanna slap ya.:hihi:

You can choose whether to get over anything, whether that's the loss of a partner (through splitting up or death) or the loss of your health.

It's up to you- you are likely to be alive for another 50 years and you can choose whether you move on and strive to live happily or whether you permanently look backwards and prevent relationships which could enhance your happiness.

You may feel that you need some help in moving on, but that is your choice and nobody will help you with it until you ask for it.

So choose- ask for help, accept help and work on it, build yourself a happier future, or don't.

If the answer is 'don't' at the moment then ask yourself the same question next month and see if the answer has changed.

Either way around you are feeling the way you have chosen to feel.

Fully agree not so much in finding out who you are, but who you can be. Integrity is good, having fun is also good, dreams are inevitable, have a shower, get dressed, and go on.

By the way, mine turned into a millionaire with the worst harridon for a wife who he is scared stiff of. He is getting divorced. My friends say he talks about me a lot..nice things too.. he has got a hell of a bad emotional life and finally, after a lot of dreams (which upset me on awaking) and grief, I find don't care. It is a bit of a shock!

Mean while, I have learnt a lot, known a lot and laughed a lot and got an education. I have been loved and cared for.

There is life after, you just don't see it beginning until you are in the middle of it.

If I can be perfectly honest with you - and please don't take offence at my frankness,-

I think your dilemma, Claire, really boils down to a case of "I want what I cannot have!"

Yeah I know I can't now and I am sure I am long forgotten in his mind. But if I acted faster at the time when he said he missed me maybe we could of got back together but I suspect we would of only broke up again after a few weeks. I don't want to sound bitter but he is the kind of person who can not be alone - he obviously got with the first thing that came along!

Archived