Come back bbc all is forgiven

How noble of you Interviwer to disassociate yourself from those who agree with you. You do a good job of discrediting your own views with lies lies lies. These lies have already been thrown back at you before you ask for them. If you have to lie you have no real cause.

My views are mainstream in that the vast majority of the population have the same relationship as me with the BBC. We pay our licence, don't feel terrorised by the TVLA's thugs and respect the BBC and value impartial news. Some among us in the mainstream have complaints about the licence fee but don't believe the BBC is loathsome as a result.

You, Mondeo Man, Patchy and Scux are 4 people with very strong anti TVLA/BBC views not shared by the majority of people. At least one of you watches no TV at all, just DVD's. You avoid the BBC on TV but watch it specifically on i player. You lot are hardly representative of the nation as a whole. I and others who have defended the BBC and the licence are, it's as simple as that.

Since you are unwilling to prove it you wont, well in fact cant object if I consider it to be a steaming pile of pointless rhetoric then and your arguments to be unfounded and worthless. If you want to convice people of your position you really should advance an argument though.

You're arguing with a "one trick pony". Simply not worth the energy as he thinks he is correct on everything connected with the BBC when, in reality, he has no idea how the organisation operates when confronted with the reality.

Why do you consider the long overdue reform of a regressive system of taxation to be 'extremist'? The rest of the world, including the US, looks aghast at the anti-competitive monopoly nature of the TV license fee. If the BBC considers itself to be as good or better than commercial television then it really should have the confidence to compete with it in the pay-TV subscription market.

Regressive in your opinion. Long overdue in your opinion.

The rest of the world admires the BBC! Wherever I have been from the US to Egypt people have complimented it. I remember going into various shops and cafes in Cairo to see people watching it every day. I can't imagine the international admirers having a heart attack over the licence fee since it is a smaller fee than paid for those providers who also pollute the time with adverts.

You're arguing with a "one trick pony". Simply not worth the energy as he thinks he is correct on everything connected with the BBC when, in reality, he has no idea how the organisation operates when confronted with the reality.

Zzz, selective again. I have made it clear to you in particular where my views have changed or been corrected. If you don't have the honour to remember that then I may as well be as aggressive and inflexible as Interviewer. Never mind the fact that you have now started lying, saying I want non tv owning parents punished! A 44 year old? Really son?

I acknowledged issues with the TVLA despite never seeing or hearing about them before a month ago!

I guess 'the reality' as you cryptically put it is the same tired cliche of thugs forcing their way into terrorised people's houses. See above. That is now the third or fourth time I have acknowledged to you lot that I accept the TVLA may need change. What more do you want? Me to accept the BBC is 'loathsome'?

My position is the maintenance of the present situation, one that I am confident the majority of the population are happy with by a large margin.

How do you suggest I prove it? This is not a court of law. It is an observation on a discussion forum and I find your aggression disturbing. I gave you an example of two kids in mainstream society yet cut off from their peers in a way that clearly did not benefit them.

It's not up to me to find a way to resolve your inadequacy. Nontheless it is reasonable for me to ask you to prove your position is true before continuing.

I find your agression in calling those who do not permit TV for children to be negligent. I don't expect you to do anything about it however.

It's not up to me to find a way to resolve your inadequacy. Nontheless it is reasonable for me to ask you to prove your position is true before continuing.

I find your agression in calling those who do not permit TV for children to be negligent. I don't expect you to do anything about it however.

No, you can't disagree with me in an adult manner, going on about steaming piles. How old are you?

I do believe they are depriving their kids of an important resource never mind entertainment. Maybe I have touched a nerve? Tough. I don't believe social services should come investigating!. Like I said I have seen with my own eyes the isolation and naivete of kids deprived TV amongst hundreds who weren't.

you have now started lying, saying I want non tv owning parents punished!

So you don't want parents who neglect (which is what you claim not owning a TV amounts to) their children to be punished?

And you say that anyone who doesn't like the idea of TV are odd. You're positively insane (or inane).

It's those that are up in arms over something that they really have no need to be that have lost all sense of proportion.

Archived