Come back bbc all is forgiven

BBC America is not free to the American User. They buy it in a package from whichever supplier they use. It is not a FTA program. PBS is a publicly funded organization that shows programs from a variety of UK channels not just BBC and most are very old.

American news is not news just political ranting and you really don't want adverts like theirs either. We aren't just talking time to make a cup of tea, you can make a full Sunday lunch.

no its a 5 s section of news and then 5min of adverts. You can go through 100 channels and mostly what you will see is an advert on each one-generally for healthcare (you will get cancer if you dont pay us $x0000 kind of thing).

American tv is a joke!

No, that title belongs firmly to you.

I'll ask again Interviewer - is it the BBC (it's programmes, services, management and ideals) or the TV Licence that you primarily have a problem with?

(Apologies to everyone else who's seen me ask this question 5 times now, but I'm still waiting for an answer)

I'll ask again Interviewer - is it the BBC (it's programmes, services, management and ideals) or the TV Licence that you primarily have a problem with?

(Apologies to everyone else who's seen me ask this question 5 times now, but I'm still waiting for an answer)

I'd be interested to know as well. I don't like TVL's methods but I'm not so daft as to extend that to the Beeb. I just don't like TV full stop basically and therefore dont watch any of it.

I think this is my longest thread-hurrah

I didn't think anything except my opinion of many aspects of america was controversial-I guess I was wrong!

Anyone who doesn't think the tv licence is worth it should be tied down by the facist bbc and forced to watch 24h of american tv. You would be brainwashed into thinking all politicians were devil worshippers, and you would be looking at the rubbish on qvc whilst getting your credit card out........and do not get me started on the large number of God channels, I actually find those difficult to turn off because I am so incredulous!

Just like his friend the ever confused Mondeo Man

Why the continued posturing and lying?

You're quick to make accusations against others, yet don;t like it when it is done back.

As I have said (repeatedly) try to make your points clearly when writing as things can easily be interpreted in a manner that you did not mean.

Now you're saying that people who "deprive their children" shouldn't be punished.

I'd be interested to know as well. I don't like TVL's methods but I'm not so daft as to extend that to the Beeb.

Exactly - I dislike the tactics used by TVL, and I don't watch that much TV, but I reckon I get good value for the £50/year I pay (only £50/year? that would be because I live with two other licence payers and we split the cost equally).

TBH the coverage of the miners rescue the other day was probably worth the money alone, let alone F1, Top Gear, Horizon, Newswipe and various other short running documentaries / dramas / comedies I watch every now and again.

Why the continued posturing and lying?

You're quick to make accusations against others, yet don;t like it when it is done back.

As I have said (repeatedly) try to make your points clearly when writing as things can easily be interpreted in a manner that you did not mean.

Now you're saying that people who "deprive their children" shouldn't be punished.

I have accused you of lying as you have because I never said they should be punished. Get the quote if I did. But being original you now accuse me of lying. Where? Proof please.

I have accused you of lying as you have because I never said they should be punished.

So you think that parents who "neglect" and "deprive" their children shouldn't be punished?

Wow. That's some confession:hihi:.

So you think that parents who "neglect" and "deprive" their children shouldn't be punished?

Wow. That's some confession:hihi:.

An emoticon and no actual response. You have accused me of lying and can't prove it but hey ho no matter. Just say what you like, it doesn't need backing up or anything to be taken seriously.

You have accused me of lying and can't prove it but hey ho no matter.

You accused me of lying a couple of days ago on the other BBC thread. Then tried to back-track when others had posted the same.

I notice you're still doing it on the other thread with other users.

You also refuse to prove what you've posted. Therefore, I'm simply returning the compliment.

I also care not one iota whether you take me seriously or not (especially after re-reading you replies to me on the other thread - the one where you're continually trying to link me with other posters - as is your wont).

Archived