How can I improve presentation skills to impress people?

eh~ What if it's more like a speech to call on people in front of huge crowd this time?

Look at some sucessful speeches on the internet. I haven't seen you give a speech so i cannot tell you how to improve. look at delivery etc body language

You will probably have a diverse audience, so your key skills need to include a command of the English language that will enthrall, rather than confuse the listeners.

Write down the key points of what you want to achieve in your speech - that is, what are the presentation's main topics.

Do you have goals to meet? - be concise in your responses as to how you intend to achieve or fulfil them.

Ask at the university to see if there is an archive of previous presentations and select the ones with engaging and authoratitive speakers as your role models.

Learn how to communicate with a large assembly - there are core skills in how to engage your audience and numerous books and training aids have already been compiled and are available online or in libraries.

Wow, sounds really fabulous,.. in addition, how can i really get rid of the notes i prepared?

Lily, you really do need help don't you?

Do you have an English speaking colleague or aide that could be of assistance to you at this critical time?

I did quite a few presentations when I was at University and a little advice I would offer is to get to know the various features of Powerpoint really well and experiment to see what works and what doesn't.

A good set of slides can hide a lot of nervous glitches in a talk and always gives you something interesting to talk about even if you forget your entire prepared speech :D

Archived