How can I improve presentation skills to impress people?

okay.. thank u for ur pretty detailed description, yah, actually the key point is I have to face large quantities of different groups of people nowadays. I know I can have eye-contact with them in order to fascinate people's attention. Moreover, how about bodylanguage and dress-up? Do I need more professional in appearance?

I did quite a few presentations when I was at University and a little advice I would offer is to get to know the various features of Powerpoint really well and experiment to see what works and what doesn't.

A good set of slides can hide a lot of nervous glitches in a talk and always gives you something interesting to talk about even if you forget your entire prepared speech :D

yah~ That seems simple but useful rules~ :) Sometimes I create new ways during the presentation and no one notice that, hehe~

I will then practice more so as to get rid of my fear of delivering a speech :)

Don't worry, we'll vote you, and please tell us about your election details.

My facebook Event Link:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=133665970019214

(Actually information is all in here :))

Voting Time: 9-45 Tuesday till 17-00 Thursday

Target Groups: All international students in Sheffield

On-line link: http://www.shef.ac.uk/union/vote/

Logo:

Shape it with Innovative Enthusiasm!

Statement:

My name is Lily~I am a second year ACCT & Financial MGT student. With great anticipation I embraced myself to the University of Sheffield. As an enthusiastic girl, I am eager to embrace myself in here and thus, seeking precious opportunities to make lives of international students more energetic and participative! If you gotta crush on distinctive cross cultures, trust me!

Why I pursue this?

-To make contribution for ALL 3891 INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS in Sheffield.

-To obtain real significance for my life in Sheffield.

-To broaden my sociability & acquaintance of cross cultures.

What I will do for international students:

-Firstly, I will spread the importance of cross cultures, for only on the basis of a better understanding of each other can people be more easily to integrate and live in harmony.

-Organize fairs especially for international students. For instance, super Chinese cooking feasts, garden parties and etc.

-Establish various forums for students from different countries so that they can easily find friends from their own countries. In this way, international students will not feel alone. I will ensure these forums to update as rapidly as possible.

-Organize and hold competitive games and sports between British students and international students with the aid of union and the university. People can really integrate while enjoy themselves.

-Act as the function of media, I will definitely communicate with union and the university when I receive feedbacks from international students, including problems in studying, socializing, living, travelling, etc.

If you are international students, if you have international friends, please vote me. Remember, I am Lily!~

Brilliant, and I want to know how to vote and whether it can be voted online

okay~ the voting is merely on-line, and website I have provided,

the only thing u have to ensure is a labtop which can be connected to the internet, or u can approach Information Commons to do that :)

Archived