Watching SKY TV in another room..

Hi!

Does anyone know how I can watch Sky TV in another room without multiroom?

I have a TV upstairs but can't get a TV Signal as no ariel thing up there, so can only watch DVDs. I know I wouldn't be able to watch 2 diff channels in 2 diff rooms without multiroom but I don't want that- I just want to be able to watch it in bed when I am feeling tired.

how can I do it? Sure I have heard of something but can't remember what.

Ta

You can either run a co-ax cable from the 2nd RF port on the Sky box to your bedroom, or try one of the wireless sender / receiver units which usually need to plug into a scart socket on your Sky box.

Sample products

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-5494.aspx

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9239827/Trail/searchtext%3EAV+SENDER.htm

The 2nd one is better as it works on the 5.8Ghz frequency.

Thanks guys!

Convert- sorry if this sounds dumb and I have looked at the products so think I already know- but I presume these are easy to use and no cables and ariels required?

Sorry... I think not but I like to check ;)

Just plug them in and see if they work. However as with any wi-fi system they can be affected by distance, weather, other wi-fi devices.

The advantage they give is that you can also use remote control over them, if you place the IR unit in sight of your Sky box.

Personally I'd go for the 5.8Ghz (Argos) system, and if it doesn't work take it back under the 14 day money back policy.

We use a wireless sender receiver. It was £35 from Maplins & has done the trick for years :)

You just have a little box plugged into your sky box, and the receiver plugged into the other TV in another room. You can even use the sky remote in the other room by pointing it at the receiver. Sometimes the reception goes fuzzy when I use the microwave but it's generally good :)

EDIT: This is the one we use. It's only £24.99 now!

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=44469

Eighup Miss S ...I bought one of those sender units several years ago and didn't think it was much Kop ...(didn't always give a good signal) When we had our Conservatory built 18 months ago , we put a 32 LCD in it , and i phoned the TV ariel guys if they had any ideas ..They ran another cable from the Sat Dish into the Conserve and installed a 'magic eye' (it gives a better signal than a sender unit ) so we can watch either Sky or Freeview in t' Conserve Or in t'Lounge..

(Eg ...wife in t'Lounge watchin' Emmerdale on freeview =:) )

( me in t'Conserve watchin' Sky Sports (with a can) = :hihi: ) ...hope this helps ...GUZZI

Thanks guys!

Convert- sorry if this sounds dumb and I have looked at the products so think I already know- but I presume these are easy to use and no cables and ariels required?

Sorry... I think not but I like to check ;)

i can recommend a guy to do this for you, and he also provide you with Sky remotes, he can sort it all out for you, so you can watch same programme in other rooms,

we have it in all rooms, as you never know

Archived