Cat bin woman fined

here's the real madness, two blokes go to prison for killing a dog and some birds:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23889143-pensioners-anger-at-wildlife-poisoners-who-killed-her-dog.do

A lorry driver with faulty mirrors and faulty eyesight runs into a cyclist from behind, kills her, and gets a £200 fine:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23886884-dead-cyclists-family-angered-by-pound-200-fine-for-lorry-driver.do

I was referring to her court punishment though I won't be losing sleep over her other woes.

neither did the court, they took into account the death threats when they punished her with almost £1500 worth of penalty.

Is what she did really 8 times worse than the lorry driver who killed the cyclist?

Bonkers.

neither did the court, they took into account the death threats when they punished her with almost £1500 worth of penalty.

Is what she did really 8 times worse than the lorry driver who killed the cyclist?

Bonkers.

Each case is judged individually according to the laws prevailing over that incident. I expect the judge believed the cyclist was partly to blame for the accident.

I expect the judge believed the cyclist was partly to blame for the accident.

The judge said nothing of the kind, Eilidh did nothing wrong.

From comments:

It's a shame that any potential witnesses to this accident were turned away by the police, without anyone's details being taken - no wonder the family and prosecutor still don't know how the accident took place. My colleague and I work in a shop outside of which the accident took place, and although we didn't witness the accident, we did witness the police handling of the matter and the way all motorists behind the truck were told to u-turn immediately. The police didn't come back to look for witnesses until 2 weeks later, by which time - of course - there weren't any!

I'm a cyclist myself and it sickens me to think that a human life is worth so little to our justice system. You get a worse penalty for theft. Why does a diamond robber get 10 years in jail and on the same day a tuck driver who kills a cyclist gets only a £200 fine? What kind of a society values possessions/protects business over human life?

Yes it is odd but humans are not logical rational creatures or there would be no pollution or hunger. As it stands cats are seen as 'elite' creatures and kept as pets. Cruelty to any animal is wrong but people can be forgiven for having a greater emotional response to a cat's suffering.

As it happens the weirdo woman got all she deserved and I would advise people to film any other weirdo's they can to ensure they get punished too.

Different thread, but yes there would. Pollution and hunger are very much products of our rational world view.

What statute makes being "weird" a crime?

Archived