Red Ed bails out of Union rally..

Your OP was the first I'd ever heard it, I wasn't even 100% sure who you meant at first. And for the record I'm not a labour supporter so this is absolutely not me being defensive.

It's a childish tag invented by the Wail to give them a lazy stick to beat a labour leader with. They and their readers like Scuba hope it sticks, best thing to do is ignore the tag. Previous nicknames like Sunny Jim, Iron Lady and even Red Ken were universal and accepted by the recipients.

It's a childish tag invented by the Wail to give them a lazy stick to beat a labour leader with. They and their readers like Scuba hope it sticks, best thing to do is ignore the tag. Previous nicknames like Sunny Jim, Iron Lady and even Red Ken were universal and accepted by the recipients.

It's also entirely appropriate since he was elected labour leader on account of the unions' block vote. In return for that Red Ed will need to do exactly as his union paymasters tell him.

It's also entirely appropriate since he was elected labour leader on account of the unions' block vote. In return for that Red Ed will need to do exactly as his union paymasters tell him.

Wrong again, there has been no block vote since the days of John Smith, just OMOV, One Member One Vote.

Archived