BNP to enter bankruptcy.

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/08/456824.html

Sources on the inside are chattering that the BNP will run out of money within 14 days and be forced to enter bankruptcy.

Election accounts are overdue and outstanding unpaid election expenses are running at

£92.300,00

The Marmite scandal has been revealed to cost

£170,000,00

source : http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/sectors/industry/government-news/marmite-brings-british-national-party-to-its-knees/3016002.article

expeditions court costs are still outstanding at £60,000.00

Other outstanding debts are quoted as at least £170,000.00

The party has a mere £65.000.00 in total assets.

Bankruptcy is unavoidable as nobody will lend the party money.

Sources are saying they have less than two weeks to settle the majority of debts.

The far-right British National Party is reportedly facing financial ruin after agreeing to pay up to £170,000 in compensation after infringing Marmite’s copyright.

Unilever launched Hight Court proceedings after the BNP launched an election broadcast that ripped off the Marmite brand’s ‘Love it or hate it’ strapline.

The TV stunt featured party leader Nick Griffin next to a huge jar of Marmite with a strap line reading “Love Britain Vote BNP”. Griffin defended the election broadcast by saying it was meant as a humorous response to a Marmite campaign that allegedly mocked the BNP. The far-right party claims Marmite’s online and TV ads, featuring a ‘Love Party’ and an opposing ‘Hate Party’, overtly based the leader of the Hate Party on Griffin

This could be the End.

The written quality of that article is so **** poor that I wouldn't take any of it at face value.

The amounts of money are written using both commas and decimal points with them both being used to denote thousands and pence.

£ 93 point 300 comma 00

£ 170 comma 000 comma 00

£ 60 comma 000 point 00 (this one makes sense)

£ 170 comma 000 point 00 (this one makes sense)

£ 65 point 000 point 00

I'm assuming that is supposed to be a grand sum of 558k debt. Or about £1 per voter.

Labour are in 20 million + debt, less than 10 million people voted for them.

I very much doubt such a small amount of money could end the BNP.

Wasn't the same thing said about Labour a few years back?

And the Tories, within recent memory. I know where the Tories got their financial support from: I don't, offhand, know where Labour got theirs. The BNP, being a far smaller party, has a far smaller chance of having a very rich person willing to bankroll it, and no chance at all of raising the funds from its members if those members are only of average wealth.

Moreover, both the Tory and Labour parties can run normal business accounts with a bank. Any bank willing to take on the BNP is running the risk of a hailstorm of bad publicity, and quite possibly having its windows smashed in by the UAF; it wouldn't surprise me to read that no bank is willing to let them have an account any more.

The written quality of that article is so **** poor that I wouldn't take any of it at face value.

The amounts of money are written using both commas and decimal points with them both being used to denote thousands and pence.

£ 93 point 300 comma 00

£ 170 comma 000 comma 00

£ 65 point 000 point 00

Little Englander ;).

Believe it or not, not every country uses the comma to denote thousands and the point to denote decimals.

Many use the comma for decimals and the point for thousands.

Little Englander ;).

Believe it or not, not every country uses the comma to denote thousands and the point to denote decimals.

You would expect consistency, though; not four different usages in the same article.

On the other hand, if that's the only point on which anyone can pick a hole in the article, it must be fairly accurate.

Little Englander ;).

I know of no country that uses multiple methods in the same paragraph :hihi:

>>>

£ 93 point 300 comma 00

£ 170 comma 000 comma 00

£ 65 point 000 point 00

>>>

172 301 58 . 00 >>> £17 230 158 and 0 pence ?

All Englishmen should elect Kilroy now

Surely you mean "All Englishmen should electrocute Kilroy now"?:hihi:

That's not a valid comparison actually.

Actually, it's perfectly valid. Nutella contains a load of nuts, the conservative party contains a load of nuts.:thumbsup:

BTW. Nutella is as vile a Marmite.

I wonder what they'll call their new party if when this one is liquidated.

Corrected:thumbsup:. By liquidated, I take it you don't mean sticking Griffin in a blender?

I wonder what they'll call their new party.

The SFB party.

the phrase certainly contains an internal fallacy.

Fallacy or phallusy?

Imagine a hung Parliament with three BNP members in it, and nobody can establish a working majority without them.

Then a minority government could rule, or another election could be called.

I understood that photo had been banned?

By whom; from where?

dog mess being pushed through letterboxes

I thought that was a tactic of the racists?

Corrected:thumbsup:. By liquidated, I take it you don't mean sticking Griffin in a blender?

I only say "if" because, with all the new laws concerning administration and whatnot, I'm not quite sure what does happen nowadays when a business goes insolvent. For all I know, the BNP could go into admin, write off its debts and survive; but if you say it can't I'll believe you.

Archived