Are you a bully?

why do people on here feel the need to pull people up for spelling mistakes,or punctuation mistakes.not everyone has the same ability i pearsonally struggle.I dont see why grown adults would need to pull people down,i think its very childish and bullying .:rant:

Because it's important on an internet forum that comments should be understandable and not open to misinterpretation, more so than the spoken word? Because people are trying to help the ones who are struggling, to reach a level at which their words will be more easily understood and, therefore, read with more attention? That would be my intention, certainly.

Some people just notice mistakes and feel actual pain. Or maybe, some people have a need to feel superior to others, and that is the area in which they feel most confident and able to criticise?

If it's bad enough to make the post unreadable by software, there's a problem. (Some blind people use this forum, having software "read" the posts out to them. That's also why text-speak is not allowed here.)

If a mistake radically changes the meaning of a sentence, it sometimes requires clarification. Other than that there's little excuse.

No, I am not a bully. I cannot stand bullying, whatever form it is dished out.

Personally, I find incorrect spelling a pet hate, but then again... I would never personally attack someone for it. Grammar, I am not too fussed about in the grand scheme of things. If I don't understand the context, I would merely ask for clarification rather than pull the individual down for it.

This poster is trolling.....

Bad boy! An ellipsis should only have three dots in it! :hihi:

He may be raising the point in order to troll, but it's a good point nevertheless, and worthy of discussion. (And has probably been discussed before, at that.)

I'm with Agent Orange; I hate to see bad grammar, spelling and punctuation, after having accuracy hammered into me throughout my school years - well, caned into me might be a better phrase. :hihi: But it's not my forum, and I try not to impose my standards on others. Many posts on here are the online equivalent of an informal chat in a pub, where I would not expect people to use fully formal grammar and language. However much it irks me personally to see such things in print, it's really not a serious problem.

Bad boy! An ellipsis should only have three dots in it! :hihi:

He may be raising the point in order to troll, but it's a good point nevertheless, and worthy of discussion. (And has probably been discussed before, at that.)

I'm with Agent Orange; I hate to see bad grammar, spelling and punctuation, after having accuracy hammered into me throughout my school years - well, caned into me might be a better phrase. :hihi: But it's not my forum, and I try not to impose my standards on others. Many posts on here are the online equivalent of an informal chat in a pub, where I would not expect people to use fully formal grammar and language. However much it irks me personally to see such things in print, it's really not a serious problem.

It depends, what peeves me is dodgy format.

Txt spk I cn rd.

SHOUTING I CAN READ

evenpunctuationfreeandjoinedwritingicanread

bUTwhnumix A LOT of,itatONCE. istuggle2rdIT

It is not uniform in nature it becomes very difficult to read.

Archived