Danny Alexander reveals 500,000 job cuts in document gaffe

Its actually Ed Milliband who's known as Beaker.

If you're going to correct a post please make it a correct correction

Danny Alexander is referred to as beaker because of his supposed similarity to the muppet character - even Nick Clegg has referred to it

I am a bit of an authority on this subject as I too, in my younger days, bore a striking resemblance to what is, in my modest opinion, one of the more attractive muppets

If you're going to correct a post please make it a correct correction

Danny Alexander is referred to as beaker because of his supposed similarity to the muppet character - even Nick Clegg has referred to it

The reference started around the 20th September. Milliband was compared to Beaker long before this.

And there's no need to be snotty about it.

The reference started around the 20th September. Milliband was compared to Beaker long before this.

And there's no need to be snotty about it.

you are of course correct - but the post I referred to implied there was only one politician to whom the beaker reference applied

apologies if I came across as snotty

Wonder if the bankers will be doing their bit?

Doing their bit in what way? Name a major bank which hasn't already made thousands of redundancies and cut back drastically on spending...

We're really talking basic economics here - we have been spending more than we're earning, so now we need to take some steps to reverse this. Quite why banks are always blamed for the actions of the previous government is beyond me.

Doing their bit in what way? Name a major bank which hasn't already made thousands of redundancies and cut back drastically on spending...

We're really talking basic economics here - we have been spending more than we're earning, so now we need to take some steps to reverse this. Quite why banks are always blamed for the actions of the previous government is beyond me.

The banks failed and were propped up by public money whilst at the same time rewarding failure by giving their bosses telephone number bonuses.

I think people have a right to be angry with them.

The banks failed and were propped up by public money whilst at the same time rewarding failure by giving their bosses telephone number bonuses.

I think people have a right to be angry with them.

So has the government been left out of pocket by these bailouts, or are they actually in profit?

Archived