How to find out if my husband is the daddy?

in 2001 my husband had a one night stand with a local girl.

we have recently found out that she has now got a little girl, some pics of this little girl are on facebook after looking at these photos the little girl looks spitting image of our son, we showed these photos to my hubbys family and they too are all shocked, they could be twins!

the girl looks like she is 8 on the pics which would make the dates tally, my hubby phoned the girls mother to ask if he was the father, after hesitation she said she is only 6 so how can she be, but this girl is no way 6 years old,

the women is married now with another 2 kids, they have took the husbands last name but the little girl in question has kept the mothers maiden name.

we know her husband, apparently the mother has always said that she does not no who the father is. a very close friend of the mother has told us that she told her that my hubby could indeed be the father although she said to my hubby that there is no way she can be.

my hubby just wants to know one way or the other if he is the father to this little girl, i doubt he will persue contact or such like if she does turn out to be his, because of the effect it could have on this little girl and our own boys also,

does anybody know how to find out this little girls D.O.B, without going through the mum, that way we will know once and for all if my husband has a daughter, my hubby is in bits over all this, he cant sleep as he is up all night thinking about it, i just want to put this to rest once and for all.

If your hubby wants no contact, and the mother says shes not his and she's being raised by the girl and her husband...for what reason are you wanting to know?

Just so you know? So you know there might be a possible CSA claim?

In a not disimilar situation, a wise old lady once said to me "If you know the child is loved and cared for, and you're happy, content and stable in your life, let sleeping dogs lie"..

A DNA test should confirm what you may want to/or not want to know. Not sure how you go about getting one done. However, I am sure you will need the cooperation of the child's mother before you start to attempt to go down that road.

which we wont get because the mother wont allow it, we know why is doing it, because she told her little girl that her hubby is her dad he has brought her up from being a newborn, which i understand to a degree but if my hubby is the girls dad he has a right to know, i could understand if my hubby was a lowlife scumbag but he isnt, he is a fantastic daddy and hubby, and she knows that!

If your husband wishes to have a DNA test to verify the child's paternity and the child's mother is not cooperating then it is possible to compel a DNA sample and test using a court order, but once this has happened then it also has other consequences, such as paying for the child's upkeep and having parental responsibility in terms of caring for the child.

which we wont get because the mother wont allow it, we know why is doing it, because she told her little girl that her hubby is her dad he has brought her up from being a newborn, which i understand to a degree but if my hubby is the girls dad he has a right to know, i could understand if my hubby was a lowlife scumbag but he isnt, he is a fantastic daddy and hubby, and she knows that!

If they have a secure family unit, I can understand her telling her 6 year old daughter that.

The day will come when she's older for further explanations.

With respect, he might be a fantastic daddy to your children, but you said he wanted nothing to do with his potential daughter - not a great statement for a supposed fantastic daddy.

If your hubby wants no contact, and the mother says shes not his and she's being raised by the girl and her husband...for what reason are you wanting to know?

Just so you know? So you know there might be a possible CSA claim?

In a not disimilar situation, a wise old lady once said to me "If you know the child is loved and cared for, and you're happy, content and stable in your life, let sleeping dogs lie"..

i think secretly he does want contact, maybe he said he doesnt for my sake, i dont know, we will cross that bridge when we come to it, lets just find out if she is his, and as for the csa claim.... my hubby will make sure his daughter wont go without if she is.

in 2001 my husband had a one night stand with a local girl.

we have recently found out that she has now got a little girl, some pics of this little girl are on facebook after looking at these photos the little girl looks spitting image of our son, we showed these photos to my hubbys family and they too are all shocked, they could be twins!

the girl looks like she is 8 on the pics which would make the dates tally, my hubby phoned the girls mother to ask if he was the father, after hesitation she said she is only 6 so how can she be, but this girl is no way 6 years old,

the women is married now with another 2 kids, they have took the husbands last name but the little girl in question has kept the mothers maiden name.

we know her husband, apparently the mother has always said that she does not no who the father is. a very close friend of the mother has told us that she told her that my hubby could indeed be the father although she said to my hubby that there is no way she can be.

my hubby just wants to know one way or the other if he is the father to this little girl, i doubt he will persue contact or such like if she does turn out to be his, because of the effect it could have on this little girl and our own boys also,

does anybody know how to find out this little girls D.O.B, without going through the mum, that way we will know once and for all if my husband has a daughter, my hubby is in bits over all this, he cant sleep as he is up all night thinking about it, i just want to put this to rest once and for all.

Your husband doesn't want contact with the girl, even if she's his (charming).

Why don't you just leave them alone?

Archived