Moving to live in Spain

Has any pensioner sold up, gone to live in Spain or somewhere else nice and warm for that matter, and found after a few years its all gone horribly wrong?

The pound dropping against the euro has meant their money is worth up to 30% less and a lot have come back because they just can't afford to live in Spain.

When your £1000 is getting nearly 400 euros less than it used to it is a big hit.

I have a house in Spain, but am not a pensioner, however, I do know people over there and the few pensioners I know have had to tighten their belts as the euro is stronger but still wouldn't come back if they could help it. Others have come back for family/health reasons. If they have lived there a while it is their " home " they have friends and hobbies there. Don't need so much money when the sun shines and a bottle if wine is 2 euro and you can sit and enjoy it of an evening with a few neighbours

Archived