Norfolk Park Flats

Laurell

I lived in Spring Block (5th floor) 1980 - 84. My flat looked out over the city centre and that was a beautiful sight at night from the balcony.

I remember the flat suffered badly from condensation and mould. The only heating was a 2 bar electric fire in the living room and underfloor heating. The underfloor heating was ridiculously expensive to run. The bathroom was overrun with silver fish when I moved in and the previous tenant had covered one wall in the living room with 2" thick Artex painted chocolate brown.

Having said all that I really enjoyed the time I lived there- it was my first home having left the family home and incredibly safe. I was working in London for a while and one week I forgot to lock the flat door on the Sunday night, and everything was still there when I got home on the Friday night!

My lasting memory of these flats was going to a party with my ex after a night in the Horse and Lion. And while we were there the host thought it would be great fun to hang his girlfriend over the balcony by her feet. We were about ten floors up. I couldn't get out of there quick enough.

they should never have been built in the first place the whole of norfolks parks tower block's flat's and houses, on parson cross were should never have been built. after the war they were built to improve the social housing shortage, which didn't work the first was park hill, and hyde park later kelvin flats then Norfolk park and that monstrous concrete block of flats at the bottom of the moor never again should we think of buiding blocks of building

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...