Whos Watching the spending review?

I shall be listening out for the NuLabour shills who will be criticizing any cuts. conveniently forgetting that we went from NO deficit in 1998 to £155 billion in the financial year 2009/2010. Gee, I wonder how that could have happened? I know, blame the Tories!

(I don't expect the BBC muppets to pick them up on this BTW.)

I shall be listening out for the NuLabour shills who will be criticizing any cuts. conveniently forgetting that we went from NO deficit in 1998 to £155 billion in the financial year 2009/2010. Gee, I wonder how that could have happened? I know, blame the Tories!

(I don't expect the BBC muppets to pick them up on this BTW.)

Nowt to do with sub prime, the reckless city or the continuation of Thatcherism by New Labour obviously. Perhaps if Brown had regulated the banks in advance of the storm the Sun and Mail would have thanked him for his sensible thinking?

I'm tempted to echo Peggy Lee's famous comment, "Is that all there is?".

Lots of waffle but ultimately, nothing.

We need a massive, massive change in our approach and we aren't even close today. Time to buy more gold and silver methinks.

One bright spot of humour:

"The deficit needs to be paid down".

Labour demonstrating their economic pedigree there (seemingly unable to tell the difference between the national debt and the deficit). You pay down debt, you reduce deficit. :rolleyes:

One bright spot of humour:

Labour demonstrating their economic pedigree there (seemingly unable to tell the difference between the national debt and the deficit). You pay down debt, you reduce deficit. :rolleyes:

What a very good point, a slip of the tongue makes them totally stupid.

Watched the whole thing from start to finish. I think Osborne's speeches at the beginning and end were excellent.

Health and education spending to rise - one would hope that efficiency and value for money will increase too.

As a low income family with 3 children I feel reassured; for example because the child element of tax credits is to rise a little. Overall I think it seems very fair. I was happy to accept the freeze in Child Benefit but the small tax credit rise makes up for some of what will be lost there.

The only area where I have slight concerns is defence - but have to admit that's only because I don't really understand it all enough or have a strong opinion one way or the other.

Archived