Sweet Factory Shrewsbury Road

Maureen

Originally posted by robh

Where's Shrewsbury Rd/ Clay Wood?

Anyway if is Maxons sweet factory you're after, here they are.

http://www.maxons.co.uk/

Yeah, I was going to say, when I lived in Meersbrook, I used to go past the Maxons factory each day as I walked down Valley Road - that's definitely S8. Not sure where Shrewsbury Rd/Clay Wood are.

• 6 years later...

I'm fascinated by all these memories of The Old Sweet (Spice ) Factory - if anyone has any more memories - or even photos I'd really love to hear from you - I'm going to produce a little book about its varied history- it was a school first then a brush factory then an artists studio ( Charles Green who made the font in the cathedral!) and later Dixons ........ its got a whole new life now as we're going to live in it - its a lovely place and shouldn't be left empty!

I'm fascinated by all these memories of The Old Sweet (Spice ) Factory - if anyone has any more memories - or even photos I'd really love to hear from you - I'm going to produce a little book about its varied history- it was a school first then a brush factory then an artists studio ( Charles Green who made the font in the cathedral!) and later Dixons ........ its got a whole new life now as we're going to live in it - its a lovely place and shouldn't be left empty!

I am so jealous. I love that building.

Archived