Conservatives to make women more equal

Women live longer so are a bigger drain on our welfare budget.

Raising their retirement age to 66 is a big step in the right direction but, considering the amount of years men have had to work longer in the past, I think they should eventually raise it to 71 for women. Its only fair. They can still toodle about in a shop or sit and type at that age without much physical effort. We need Cameron to grow a pair and make even harder decisions :roll:

It's only fair we get back pay then for all the years women have been paid lower wages. Bring equality to pay for women.

Perhaps men should be paid less as they're less able to multi-task then women?

Men will always be paid more simply because of the extra productivity.

I think multi tasking was a phrase invented by the womens liberation movement.

Although there is nothing wrong with multi tasking, its the final product that matters. I tend to find that multi tasking leaves many tasks unfinished.

Is it safe to come out yet? :help:

Men will always be paid more simply because of the extra productivity.

I think multi tasking was a phrase invented by the womens liberation movement.

Although there is nothing wrong with multi tasking, its the final product that matters. I tend to find that multi tasking leaves many tasks unfinished.

Is it safe to come out yet? :help:

Extra productivity in what ? The only real benefit to being a man is being built physically stronger on average. I don't see how being male makes you more productive. Maybe on the child producing front, it takes a bloke one shot but a women 9 months. So yes more productive in that sense. But job wise no.

:hihi:

Extra productivity in what ? The only real benefit to being a man is being built physically stronger on average. I don't see how being male makes you more productive. Maybe on the child producing front, it takes a bloke one shot but a women 9 months. So yes more productive in that sense. But job wise no.

:hihi:

Perhaps more days per month at work, more months per year at work, more years per decade at work?

Pregnancy is not an illness, it's a natural (and as far as survival of the species goes vital) state. There can be little doubt that somebody who is unable to work because she is pregnant is going to be less productive than somebody who isn't pregnant and is at work.

Consider a pair of twins, one male and the other female who start work doing exactly the same job for the same company on the same day. They receive the same pay. 1 year later, they each receive the same annual pay increment. That same day, the female twin takes a leave of absence to have a child. She takes (nearly) a year off work and returns on the 2nd anniversary of her original employment date. Her brother now has 2 years service and receives a second annual increment. She has 1 year's service - spread over 2 years. He now earns more than she does, but then, he is more experienced.

My Mother was a teacher. She taught for 2 years before I was born and then stopped work until her youngest son went to school aged 5. That was 17 years later. On the 20th anniversary of her first day of employment, she was paid considerably less than a male who had started work on the same day as she had would have received. Then again, he had 20 years experience; she had 3 years experience.

Perhaps more days per month at work, more months per year at work, more years per decade at work?

Pregnancy is not an illness, it's a natural (and as far as survival of the species goes vital) state. There can be little doubt that somebody who is unable to work because she is pregnant is going to be less productive than somebody who isn't pregnant and is at work.

Consider a pair of twins, one male and the other female who start work doing exactly the same job for the same company on the same day. They receive the same pay. 1 year later, they each receive the same annual pay increment. That same day, the female twin takes a leave of absence to have a child. She takes (nearly) a year off work and returns on the 2nd anniversary of her original employment date. Her brother now has 2 years service and receives a second annual increment. She has 1 year's service - spread over 2 years. He now earns more than she does, but then, he is more experienced.

My Mother was a teacher. She taught for 2 years before I was born and then stopped work until her youngest son went to school aged 5. That was 17 years later. On the 20th anniversary of her first day of employment, she was paid considerably less than a male who had started work on the same day as she had would have received. Then again, he had 20 years experience; she had 3 years experience.

I meant male / female productivity. This is why I asked for clarification. There are alot of women not having children, what makes them less productive ? CNC never stated why ?

Archived