Conservatives to make women more equal

To some extent that could be a factor. - A woman who is suffering acutely from PMT is perhaps less likely to perform at peak ability than she would do for the rest of the time, or than would a woman who does not or a man who does not. - And few males suffer from PMT.

However. Let's assume that you are an employer working in a business which requires very high levels of performance. People do get sick (sick with PMT, but also sick with toothache, flu and all the rest of the illnesses known to mankind.) You have the number of employees necessary to do the job, plus a small number to allow for illness. - It's going to happen.

Assume you can rate each employee's daily job performance on a scale of 1 to 10 - where 1 is probably unacceptable and 10 would be perfect.

Employee No 1 is a male who you know can score a '5' for 19 out of 20 working days (add 8 days for weekends to get a 28-day nominal pay period.) That employee's job score during the 28-day pay period is 95.

Employee No 2 is a female who you know can score an '8' for 17 out of 20 working days. (PMT doesn't go away just because it's Saturday.) That employee's job score during the same 28-day pay period is 136.

Which employee would you rather have?

One employee may have more time off sick in any given pay period, but - to my mind - the overall performance is more important than a temporary poor performance on one given day.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

As a woman (I was last time I checked) I agree that women should retire at the same age as men, but could someone make their mind up what age I'm going to retire. When I started work it was to be 60, then it was moved to 65, then 67. At the rate of increase, the government are on target to have my retirement age as being 81, a bit scary and none of my grandparents reached that age

Archived