Teachers snowshifting

Teachers have to get to school first... which sort of doesn't happen when it snows...

Other than, brilliant idea. I mean, we wouldn't expect stranded passengers to get out and push a stuck bus, but teachers are an easy target :hihi:

x

The concept of 'snowed in' changing would be better. 'Snowed in' for a lot of people seems to mean 'there's a couple of inches of snow out there and I can't be arsed to walk, nor have I properly prepared my car or been bothered to help clear the street or paths nearby. Instead I will whine on about it all being the council's fault.'

The concept of 'snowed in' changing would be better. 'Snowed in' for a lot of people seems to mean 'there's a couple of inches of snow out there and I can't be arsed to walk, nor have I properly prepared my car or been bothered to help clear the street or paths nearby. Instead I will whine on about it all being the council's fault.'

I've just had a micro-rant along the same lines elsewhere. :hihi:

I might as well add here, that Lord Young's Health and Safety consultation for the government reports categorically that no-one can be sued for sensibly clearing paths etc, unless it's by a method like using boiling water. Shovels and grit, no problem. :)

I used to get annoyed with teachers, and I am talking about thirty or forty years ago when the snow was much worse, because I was driving from house to house around the estates which hadn't been gritted. I carried a spade with me and put carpet under the back wheels to help them get a grip while the teachers on much more money than me, if they did get to school were warm and dry, but they still complained and had no pupils.

I used to get annoyed with teachers, and I am talking about thirty or forty years ago when the snow was much worse, because I was driving from house to house around the estates which hadn't been gritted. I carried a spade with me and put carpet under the back wheels to help them get a grip while the teachers on much more money than me, if they did get to school were warm and dry, but they still complained.

but according to Agent Orange, schools never closed when he was a lad...:suspect:

Archived