Teachers snowshifting

This would be a disaster for Sheffield Forum. Hot on the heels of the BNPs Marmite related demise comes a measure to keep schools opeen in the winter.

All we need now is a ban on bikes, to render this entire forum obsolete.

It has been reported that Sheffield may well lose the police Helicopter due to cuts.It is not fair that SF members should have to take on all the burden of righting 13years of misuse of our funds.

Distance is meaningless. Your 40 miles could be motorways and trunk roads. The transport network is what counts when it comes to snow.

I understand what you're saying but I'm about 4 miles from any motorway.....I work at lots of sites from Leicester to Newcastle.... I got everywhere I needed to...

How strange..my office is 40 miles from home...I got to work every day last winter....how far is "far away" from work...?

The school that I work in is about 8 miles from my house and in a somewhat exposed position. I got there every day last winter too.

Unfortunately the school buses weren't so fortunate. We did stay open for all but one day though, as did many schools.

Archived