So who are the biggest losers from today’s spending announcement

The Government keeps going on about us all being in this together, but does the reality paint a different picture.

From what I can see the losers are as follows:

490,000 Public Sector workers will lose their jobs

Social Housing tenants will have funding cut by 50% and new tenants will pay higher rents

Armed forces will have significant job losses

18,000 Police jobs

Most of us will have to work longer before we get our State Pensions

Child Benefit for higher taxpayers

Housing and Council Tax Benefit claimants

At the risk of stating the obvious, but this looks rather like the Poor are taking the burden rather more than the well-off.

Anyway, thanks once again Nick, perhaps you could tell us how we are all in this together.

The Government keeps going on about us all being in this together, but does the reality paint a different picture.

From what I can see the losers are as follows:

490,000 Public Sector workers will lose their jobs

Social Housing tenants will have funding cut by 50% and new tenants will pay higher rents

Armed forces will have significant job losses

18,000 Police jobs

Most of us will have to work longer before we get our State Pensions

Child Benefit for higher taxpayers

Housing and Council Tax Benefit claimants

At the risk of stating the obvious, but this looks rather like the Poor are taking the burden rather more than the well-off.

Anyway, thanks once again Nick, perhaps you could tell us how we are all in this together.

How do they affect you personally?

Its interesting how Labour supporters blame Clegg for everything.

I only blame him for betraying the people who voted for his party (I've never been a labour or conservative supporter - I always used to spoil my papers). Oh, and for reneging on his pre-election promises.

Its interesting how Labour supporters blame Clegg for everything. I wonder how they would have felt about him if he'd done a coalition with Labour

To be honest, I expect the policies announced today from the Tories.

I don't expect them from Libdems though!

Anyway, the thread isn't about that and is about how it seems that this ridiculous statement they keep mentioning "We're all in this together", is nothing but pure lies and these announcements are nothing more than attacks on Public Servants and the poor.

Well generally with any budget review, and the news stations hove this in our face,....its all about how it affects individual people families.

I still don't see the relevance to the thread.

But for the record I have close family who work in the Public Service, I have friends and family who are Benefit claimants and I don't want to go back to the crime levels I experienced in the early 90's.

Archived