So who are the biggest losers from today’s spending announcement

These articles were from 2009.

Can I encourage to do your own homework and check for yourself that the 'standard', as it's called, has by now been duly applied in many (most) of the tax havens concerned.

It's easy to 'prompt' relevant countries to comply, when they are the size of a postage stamp, their respective economies are 100% dependent on importing everything, and they can be made jurisdiction-non-grata (...or associated with terrorist endeavours and 'graded' accordingly, guess which) at the stroke of a legislative pen by their very very large neighbours ;)

I believe only Luxembourg is still 'resisting'. Bit of an issue for them, you see, since banking secrecy there is constitutional - and has been for some centuries. Good for them, says I :P

I have tried. But cannot find a reliable source. Can you help?

I do not want the vast majority of the population worse off, half a million more people losing their jobs, and the economy sinking into a double dip recession so that some greedy tax evading millionaires can continue to avoid paying their way like everyone else.

I thought we were 'all in this together...'

If I was rich, and the government decided that they was to bleed me dry in taxes in order to pay for people who decide working isn't for them then I'd move to another country, as would you.

I do not want the vast majority of the population worse off, half a million more people losing their jobs, and the economy sinking into a double dip recession so that some greedy tax evading millionaires can continue to avoid paying their way like everyone else.

I thought we were 'all in this together...'

Tax evasion is illegal,tax avoidance isn't..which do you mean?

I have tried. But cannot find a reliable source. Can you help?
Grab your Google translator and go see:

http://www.paradis-fiscal.fr/ocde-liste-noire.html

OECD black list, last updated January 2010, contains updates about grey list/de-listing (square bullet points) throughout 2009

Example confirmatory source at:

http://www.oecd.org/document/57/0,3343,en_2649_33745_30578809_1_1_1_1,00&&en-USS_01DBC.html

You're welcome.

Tax evasion is illegal,tax avoidance isn't..which do you mean?

In the current economic climate, both.

Tax avoidance is both morally wrong and an enormous drain on this country.

Don't tell me it's wrong for someone on benefits not to declare 50 quid in earnings when multi millionaires are avoiding tax left right and centre to the tune of billions.

The first can get sent to prison, the latter gets to invite politicians onto his yacht...

Grab your Google translator and go see:

http://www.paradis-fiscal.fr/ocde-liste-noire.html

OECD black list, last updated January 2010, contains updates about grey list/de-listing (square bullet points) throughout 2009

Example confirmatory source at:

http://www.oecd.org/document/57/0,3343,en_2649_33745_30578809_1_1_1_1,00&&en-USS_01DBC.html

Thankyou for this. Be sure I'll scrutinise it.

In the current economic climate, both.

Tax avoidance is both morally wrong and an enormous drain on this country.

Don't tell me it's wrong for someone on benefits not to declare 50 quid in earnings when multi millionaires are avoiding tax left right and centre to the tune of billions.

The first can get sent to prison, the latter gets to invite politicians onto his yacht...

Why do you hate the idea of being rich so much?

Your view seems to sum up the difference between left and right wing thinking.

Lefties want everyone else to be as poor as they are.

Right wing politics is all about giving people the opportunity to be rich.

Archived