So who are the biggest losers from today’s spending announcement

Really, if I was setting up a business I'd like to feel some sound business sense would be valuable.

Following on from that I suppose those with the sound business sense deserve to make their billions, whilst those of us who have other skills deserve to pick up the crumbs left over at the end.

Oddly enough I think it would be harder to (for example) do the job of a Software Developer, than to formulate a successful business plan.

That's why you have never set up a business or are never likely to.

Sound business sense would be invaluable.

the rest of your post ... hmm

So we would agree that sound Business Sense would help make a business succesful, best not tell Kelly as she thinks it is all down to hard work.

So having established agreement on the merits of Business sense, could you not go a bit further and concede that this isn't actually any more complex than other roles that don't generate the same rewards.

So we would agree that sound Business Sense would help make a business succesful, best not tell Kelly as she thinks it is all down to hard work.

So having established agreement on the merits of Business sense, could you not go a bit further and concede that this isn't actually any more complex than other roles that don't generate the same rewards.

Some people are suited to business (thank god - otherwise there would be precious little tax revenue generated for public services). Other people are not. It's not about the complexity of the task - it's irrelevant.

Life's not fair. It's not fair that my mate has got a beautiful girlfriend just because he's witty, good-looking, popular and fit.

I can live with it, just.

Some people are suited to business (thank god - otherwise there would be precious little tax revenue generated for public services). Other people are not. It's not about the complexity of the task - it's irrelevant.

Life's not fair. It's not fair that my mate has got a beautiful girlfriend just because he's witty, good-looking, popular and fit.

I can live with it, just.

Life is not fair.

That is why we have social policies.

Life is not fair.

That is why we have social policies.

To help those incapable of working.

Not to let people swing the lead for generations claiming benefits paid for by hard-working people. Our social policy has gone out of control, that's why this coalition is reigning in the excesses of 13 years of labour mis management of the economy. That's why we are in the (Brown) mess up to our necks.

The Government keeps going on about us all being in this together, but does the reality paint a different picture.

From what I can see the losers are as follows:

490,000 Public Sector workers will lose their jobs

Social Housing tenants will have funding cut by 50% and new tenants will pay higher rents

Armed forces will have significant job losses

18,000 Police jobs

Most of us will have to work longer before we get our State Pensions

Child Benefit for higher taxpayers

Housing and Council Tax Benefit claimants

At the risk of stating the obvious, but this looks rather like the Poor are taking the burden rather more than the well-off.

Anyway, thanks once again Nick, perhaps you could tell us how we are all in this together.

Ok. It's now official.

Having read all the small print and analysed all the data, a number of Economists (sorry can't remember names, institutes etc) have declared that indeed it will be the poorest economic group in society, namely those on benefits and lowest wage, that will lose the most money and suffer the most thanks to the budget.

So much for 'Fairness' and 'We're all in this together'

How can you tell when a Politician's lying? - When his lips move...

To help those incapable of working.

Not to let people swing the lead for generations claiming benefits paid for by hard-working people. Our social policy has gone out of control, that's why this coalition is reigning in the excesses of 13 years of labour mis management of the economy. That's why we are in the (Brown) mess up to our necks.

Do you really believe that the 'undeserving poor' are the root of all our problems when spending on them is a tiny fraction of the amount of money avoided in tax by super rich business men squirrelling away massive profits for themselves at the expense of their workers and of society?

Do you really believe that the 'undeserving poor' are the root of all our problems when spending on them is a tiny fraction of the amount of money avoided in tax by super rich business men squirrelling away massive profits for themselves at the expense of their workers and of society?

The super rich employ people, pay tax (lots and lots and lots of it) and don't claim benefits from hard-working families. They are net contributors to the economy. All benefit claimants are a drain on the economy. There is a massive difference.

Archived