So who are the biggest losers from today’s spending announcement

Everyone has to live within their means.

And refuse to invest such a small sum which would both, create jobs and bring back a good return on the investment.

Meanwhile, we can afford to ring-fence the massive foreign aid program - yes, that's living within your means.

This argument is simply used as an excuse every time they want to duck an issue.

And refuse to invest such a small sum which would both, create jobs and bring back a good return on the investment.

Meanwhile, we can afford to ring-fence the massive foreign aid program - yes, that's living within your means.

This argument is simply used as an excuse every time they want to duck an issue.

My quote was relating directly to the title of the thread but I do wonder why we give so much to foreign aid and I am not sure as to what you refer to regarding investing a small sum.

What would have happened if they had not been bailed out?

I didn't say we shouldn't have bailed them out.

What I an saying is that after bailing them out, it shouldn't be us picking up the pieces of the mess they caused. Even Boris Johnson is appalled they are likely to be paying out £7billion in bonuses, whilst we suffer the consequences.

I didn't say we shouldn't have bailed them out.

What I an saying is that after bailing them out, it shouldn't be us picking up the pieces of the mess they caused. Even Boris Johnson is appalled they are likely to be paying out £7billion in bonuses, whilst we suffer the consequences.

This is not a recent thing though. Its only when we are in the .... that people dont like it.

The Government keeps going on about us all being in this together, but does the reality paint a different picture.

From what I can see the losers are as follows:

490,000 Public Sector workers will lose their jobs

Social Housing tenants will have funding cut by 50% and new tenants will pay higher rents

Armed forces will have significant job losses

18,000 Police jobs

Most of us will have to work longer before we get our State Pensions

Child Benefit for higher taxpayers

Housing and Council Tax Benefit claimants

At the risk of stating the obvious, but this looks rather like the Poor are taking the burden rather more than the well-off.

Anyway, thanks once again Nick, perhaps you could tell us how we are all in this together.

Yes but at least we're still giving foreign aid to the tune of £2500 per family/household over the next four years.

Archived