So who are the biggest losers from today’s spending announcement

Rich politicians braying and cheering hundreds of thousands of job losses....we expect it of Tories, they've always used high unemployment as a political tool, but now we see the Libdems slapping each other on the back as people's lives are ruined. They didn't even pretend to be concerned.

Not that any of them will feel any impact whatsoever, never mind, it's nice to know we are all in it together.

Come off it, as soon as they can they'll hock the jobs off to India and China like they have been for the last decade.

under the last government:mad:

It's global capitalism, don't you get it?

the clue is in the word you used :D

Use workers in China and India to make more profit than before because you can pay them less. Once they start to improve their wages (like workers in China are by striking) move the work somewhere else cheaper. Keep doing this so that there's always someone somewhere who can do the work for less. Keep a good percentage of the world's population unemployed so they'll work for next to nowt. Rake it in.

That's why we need to keep the UK competitive. With worthwhile jobs.:)

Lobby for decreases in corporation tax and personal tax thresholds for the rich.

The personal allowances have been reduced - you are quite right. Tax rates for the wealthy have gone up. :loopy:

Threaten to leave the country even though you are practicing tax avoidance anyway.

They are already going to more favourable, enlightened countries who are happy to receive their taxes.

We know how it goes.

I'm not sure you do :hihi:

The rich will only change their behaviour if we make them.

What are you telling other people they can do with their lives now? Who exactly are you going to make do what? And how? The world according to TeaFan :loopy:

We know how it goes. The rich will only change their behaviour if we make them.

How do you get some of the (not so rich) to change their behaviour?

I saw a few interviews on TV tonight. Some of those interviewed were people who genuinely wanted to work and did work - notwithstanding that the high cost of childcare and the low pay meant the real value of their take-home pay was probably very low.

Then there was another couple with two school-aged children. He said he couldn't work because he had a car accident over a year ago and he had a bad back. He wasn't bedridden and he'd managed to make it into the studio under his own steam, but he couldn't possibly do any kind of work. - Got this bad back, you see?

His partner was asked whether she would like to work. Oh, of course she'd like to work. There was nothing she would like more than to have a job ... but her partner has this bad back, you see, so she has to stay at home to look after him and the children (who should've been at school, but presumably had to stay home because their dad had this bad back.)

It's amazing how many people are affected by one bad back.

Are the lefties going to just protest - or are they going to start the violence yet. I'm sure the violence will start if the lefties are involved.

Hardly, it'll be a very orderly affair. I think there's plenty of room for something more disorderly but it certainly won't be Saturday.

Hardly, it'll be a very orderly affair. I think there's plenty of room for something more disorderly but it certainly won't be Saturday.

I had no doubt you lot would be rioting soon. Nasty nasty people.

But I am surprised you admit it so readily. :o

Archived