Raisins in curries.

I bought my sister a ready meal curry, as I normally cook but was out tonight. She said the curry was a 7/10 for a ready meal. She then said what made it nice was the raisins. I don't like savoury meals with what I would call fruit in them. It just seems so wrong on the taste buds to me. She reckons that thats what makes a good curry good. Just wondered if you think the same or what makes a good curry good for you personally. I like boiled potatos in mine.

Vesta curries always used to have raisins or sultanas in them, I'm not sure authentic Indian dishes do.

Moroccan dishes quite often mix fruit/spices/meat together - either sultanas, figs or apricots and are fab.

I think it maybe just me. I don't deal with black bean sauce very well. I had some Thai noodles today and left half of them, they were abit fruity to. I have no idea why I didn't think they would be. Maybe I should give the savoury fruit thing more of ago, my tastes change now and then.

I bought my sister a ready meal curry, as I normally cook but was out tonight. She said the curry was a 7/10 for a ready meal. She then said what made it nice was the raisins. I don't like savoury meals with what I would call fruit in them. It just seems so wrong on the taste buds to me. She reckons that thats what makes a good curry good. Just wondered if you think the same or what makes a good curry good for you personally. I like boiled potatos in mine.

Raisins in curries. Wrong.

Archived