Raisins in curries.

Vesta curries always used to have raisins or sultanas in them, I'm not sure authentic Indian dishes do.
For years I thought Nirmal Gupta's claim to cook authentic Asian food was false as her curries didn't have sultanas in them :blush:

I agree, I quite often used to slice a banana into my chicken curries, just provides a touch of sweetness to counteract the spice.

Ahhhh Just thought of something sweet that I actually like in a curry. Coconut. I love curry when it has this in it. :hihi:

I make a pork and apricot curry. It's delicious.

You've got to use Halal Pork, though. ;)

Raisins in curries. Wrong.

I think raisins in curry can be pretty good - if you can get the right kind. Those Cannabis Raisins are pretty tasty, but they're getting hard to find.

Ahhhh Just thought of something sweet that I actually like in a curry. Coconut. I love curry when it has this in it. :hihi:

Maybe, but I find I can't eat very much at a sitting. The problem with coconuts in curry is that if you get one or two on your plate, there's no room for anything else.

Archived