British Muslims biggest funders to the Taliban

The Pakistani Secret Service fund the taliban, so does Iran, so did the CIA back when the Taliban were Our Brave Lads.

I'd be very surprised if British donations were greater than the funds they receive from supplying 90% of Britain's heroin and 60% of American heroin.

On that line of thinking then (as a white british person) I shouldn't be ashamed of my countries past slave trade links?......Sorry but i'm very ashamed of that!

You have your moral codes.....I have mine!

Ashamed, perhaps, no apology necessary, Gordon Brown apologised for us!

However, the claim was that the taliban didn't profit from drugs.
No, it wasn't.

The 'claim' was that if you can dismiss suggestions that the Taliban receives substantial support from (traitorous) British Muslims, on the grounds that it cannot be proven unless we see their end-of-year accounts, then the same (your) logic would dismiss any claims by anybody else, including official estimates of how much they make from heroin.

I don't and never have disputed that they profit from drugs, but I do challenge your selective use of the 'can't prove anything because we don't see their books' argument if you only apply it to figures you don't want to agree with.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

But who is going to apologise for Gordon Brown?

These public apologies are silly, and I do think it's a bit strange that you feel ashamed for what other , long dead people, did. The slave trade was wrong, I don't feel ashamed my ancestors may have been involved, I've got enough on my plate without taking on their guilt!

I guess some muslims may be ashamed other muslims are terrorists, I wouldn't be.

Anybody who has ever voted Labour in their lives?

They should.

And all the poor so-and-so's who are going to lose their jobs whilst the bankers sit at home counting their lolly!

Anyway i digress....back to topic....

These public apologies are silly, and I do think it's a bit strange that you feel ashamed for what other , long dead people, did. The slave trade was wrong, I don't feel ashamed my ancestors may have been involved, I've got enough on my plate without taking on their guilt!

I guess some muslims may be ashamed other muslims are terrorists, I wouldn't be.

That's lifted a whole weight off my shoulders has that!

Bad luck if you work for the civil service and are soon to be out on your ear......tough! Spindrift says i shouldn't show any compassion for you all..... so tough luck you made poor career choices working for the state!

The muslims who are terrorists now.... are not long dead peope though.....yet!

No, it wasn't.

The 'claim' was that if you can dismiss suggestions that the Taliban receives substantial support from (traitorous) British Muslims, on the grounds that it cannot be proven unless we see their end-of-year accounts, then the same (your) logic would dismiss any claims by anybody else, including official estimates of how much they make from heroin.

I don't and never have disputed that they profit from drugs, but I do challenge your selective use of the 'can't prove anything because we don't see their books' argument if you only apply it to figures you don't want to agree with.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

Just because spindrift is as usual making absurd arguments that doesn't mean there isn't a grain of truth in his underlying argument.

The claim that donations from individual British muslims are the Talibans single biggest source of funding, bigger than involvement in the drugs trade, bigger than donations from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia... is an extraordinary one and it's perfectly reasonable to want to rather stronger evidence than an anonymous quote before accepting such an unlikely claim as valid.

"British Muslims biggest funders to the Taliban"

Utter garbage, your own link makes no such claim.

Heroin is the source of funding for the Taliban.

Is your English ok ?

The claim is... biggest 'Funders' not their biggest funding. Heroin can't make donations can it ? :loopy:

Archived