How many of you voted Conservative and will now lose your jobs??

This is what always amazes me about the Tories, their propaganda is so good they manage to convince people to sacrifice their futiures for the good of the economy, Thatcher used the same arguments in the 1980's .. and what was good about that?

I remember it far to well. Lot of peoples' lives destroyed - mainly young people. It would be interesting to know the general stats for Tory voters in Sheffield. Many seem to be too young to remember the eighties or people who lived in more affluant areas than Sheffield at the time. It is heartbreaking that many of the people who struggled to get back into work because of a more challenging family circumstance, long term unemployment, sickness or disability, many still on lower incomes are going to have the rug pulled out from under them again.

It all depends how much your liabilities are......if you're spending way above your means you can have loads of money but still go bankrupt....

So, then, you can't class yourself as rich surely. If I earn a million pounds a year, but I live a life that is costing me far more, am I rich?.... NO!

In essence I would have gone further than thay did and also looked at money to the European Union and also foreign aid (But thats just me)

No it's not just you. I think you'll find most Conservative voters and those who once were Conservative voters would agree with you. We don't have a Conservative government however. Even if Cameron had won outright I doubt we'd have had a true Conservative government either.

You can't be rich if you're living beyond your means!!! It HAS to be paid back!!!

You're right but I suspect most people think of being rich as having lots of cash/assets and don't think of the debts....I suppose being classed as fifth richest means there are only four less worse off than you.....could just as well be classed as 150th poorest... :)

Archived