Is my cholesterol high at 7.36mm

im 36 im 13 1/2 stones im 5ft 9 high , i dont smoke i do like chips and nice things like choclate and crisps ect , i eat vegatables and eat fruit , ill have wheat based cerials for breakfast so id say im not too un heathy , i walk a lot at work aswell

why see a doc quick??

Yes it's high. I have high cholesterol as an inherited condition, it was as high as 9 once. I take statins which brought my level down to a very safe 4.

I'd advise you to see your doctor who may also put you on statins if there is any history of heart disease in your family.

James, - You're dead!

If you'd like to discuss your funeral (or a couple of ways you might defer it for a few years) Pmail me.

Your cholesterol levels are silly - and bloody dangerous!

I can fix them. If you will do what I say.

It doesn't cost money (well, no more than 20 p a day)

It doesn't hurt (well, I lie - but you'll learn to like it)

Your doctor will like it. - Talk to her (I hope you've got a 'her'- I really do. (If it's a bloke, make him do what I say.

Please pmail me.

I'm not sure what the criteria for prescribing statins are now, but when I was first prescribed them you had to have two indicators of possibly developing a heart condition in the future. In my case it was the high cholesterol and family history.

I think they may have relaxed the rules as they realise statins are generally a good thing. There's even been a suggestion that everyone over a certain age should take them.

I suggest you discuss this with your doctor rather than with random people on an internet forum like me.

Archived