On the Manor - TV Programme

Lickszz

Does anyone remember this mini documentry series that was on TV? I can't remember the channel it was on or the exact year but it was all about the Manor around the time when the houses were been demolished. It featured people robbing slates, copper etc from empty houses before they were demolished. Featured a guy called Troggy who carted a wheel barrow everywhere with him for miles and miles.

Yep, EVERYONE knows Troggy. He doesn't use his wheelbarrow any more and appears to have slightly tidied up his act since, I think, it was when his mum died. The only advertising the Manor gets is bad stuff. No good.

Chloé

:loopy: ..Who could forget Troggy!!!!! pleasant chap,actually quite well spoken,his mothers death actually hit him hard and almost had a mental break-down.

The manor gets some rough press which is unjustified,these days its no worse an area than any other.

Even Dore and Totley/Fulwood/Hathersage complain about about yobs in the area,but the Manor does'nt have to put up with so called uni - students running riot.

• 5 months later...

I remember as they were gradually demolishing the Manor,my parents lived on Fitzhubert road and across from them lived my old school mate Billy Gates.He was in the shower one night and couldn't understand why he wasn't getting any wetter!As he turned round and wiped the suds from his eyes,he spotted the shower head and copper pipe slowly disappearing through the bathroom wall to the outside.Someone was nicking his shower while he was still in it!

I remember the programme well. Me and some mates managed to get on it by shouting our names at the top of our voices whist they were filming inside some old houses on Motehall Road.

It was filmed by Yorkshire tv around '85 and shown about a year later. I knew a lot of the people who were used in the filming. It was an absolute sham, i think the whole thing was more or less staged. The people in it were portrayed as the tv people thought they should be. ( Troggy perhaps being an exception ) Many of the people featured actually lived on the Manor Park which at the time was quite a nice area.

• 3 years later...
Does anyone remember this mini documentry series that was on TV? I can't remember the channel it was on or the exact year but it was all about the Manor around the time when the houses were been demolished. It featured people robbing slates, copper etc from empty houses before they were demolished. Featured a guy called Troggy who carted a wheel barrow everywhere with him for miles and miles.

i am pretty sure i have a copy of this on dvd somwhere i wathced it a few months ago it was hilarious yea troggy still around still as funny as ever i work in somerfields and see him everyday he swears at us and the other day aparently he kicked the windows near the door and smashed them lol no change really bless him but he is harmless and catch him on a good day he is quite normal im guna have a look for this dvd and watch it again now xx

Archived