Spare wheel help

i have a puncture and need to change the wheel but only have the space saver ford supply. id rather not fit the skinny spare as it limits the speed to 50mph and i need to go on motorways. having 17 inch alloys on my car what i want to know is what size steel wheel do i need to get. 13 inch steelys are going to be to small right?

Isn't the idea that you put the space saver on, drive to the tyre place, get a new tyre and put the space saver back in the boot? You're also only meant to do about 50 miles or thereabouts on it. It always amazes me when people overtake me on the motorway (and I'm no slouch) with a space saver on.

Your supposed to use the space saver to get you to some where to fix your tyre, then you put the full size wheel back on.

If you really want a steel wheel as a spare then you need one the same diameter as the rest of your wheels.

Archived