Meanwhile, the rich get richer..

Whilst most of us are wondering how we are going to make ends meet thanks to the swingeing government cuts, it's interesting to note that even in these hard economic times the rich have managed to make more money for themselves this year than in all the previous 22years.

According to the Times rich list, the collective wealth of Britain's 1,000 richest people has increased by nearly a third. (The multimillionaires, 513 of which are based in London, are worth £335.5 billion, up by £77.265billion this year.

What I find sickening is that many of these unelected people have the ear of the cabinet and can influence decisions in their own best interest to make sure they get richer still.

Most of the deficit we are busily paying back is going straight into their pockets so they can buy gold and commodities and can escape the hyper inflation which is on its way. Thus they are already beginning to rocket in value.

Seen the prices in the supermarket lately?

And how long did it take before bankers were giving themselves fat bonuses again? A year, and this includes those working for those bailed out by the money of the little people, 500,000 of whom are heading for the dole. I guess most will shrug it off unlike in France where people know when they are being shafted.

The gap between the richest in society and the poorest has go steadily wider in real terms.

Until the 1970s, and Thatcher, the gap was closing between the top 10% and bottom 10% of earners, but since then it's been rising steadily. The US aside we're the most unequal country in the developed world with the largest difference between what the top and bottom 10% of workers earn.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/jan/27/national-equality-panel-inequality-data#data

Whilst most of us are wondering how we are going to make ends meet thanks to the swingeing government cuts, it's interesting to note that even in these hard economic times the rich have managed to make more money for themselves this year than in all the previous 22years.

According to the Times rich list, the collective wealth of Britain's 1,000 richest people has increased by nearly a third. (The multimillionaires, 513 of which are based in London, are worth £335.5 billion, up by £77.265billion this year.

What I find sickening is that many of these unelected people have the ear of the cabinet and can influence decisions in their own best interest to make sure they get richer still.

Most of the deficit we are busily paying back is going straight into their pockets so they can buy gold and commodities and can escape the hyper inflation which is on its way. Thus they are already beginning to rocket in value.

Seen the prices in the supermarket lately?

The country benefits from this increase in wealth with a greater tax income, the top 1% currently pay for 25% of this countries tax revenue.

And how much of the countries wealth do they have? If it is around 25%, then i guess that is fair enough - if (as i suspect) it is more than 25% then they aren't paying their fair share.

Note: the only source i have says that they have about "a third" of the wealth, so they should be paying a third of the tax money, minimum.

Interestingly the next 9% pays around another 25% of the countries tax income.

We can argue till the cows come home the ins and outs of a fair tax payment, but I think that my point still stands that it is good news for the country. The important thing is to raise the bottom levels of wealth in this country not lower the higher levels of wealth.

The country benefits from this increase in wealth with a greater tax income, the top 1% currently pay for 25% of this countries tax revenue.

How does the country benefit? The rich spend their money abroad and put it into tax havens and work out how they can pay less whilst the rest of us suffers the cuts. If we are getting greater income then why the cuts?

How does the country benefit? The rich spend their money abroad and put it into tax havens and work out how they can pay less whilst the rest of us suffers the cuts. If we are getting greater income then why the cuts?

Because the top 1% pays a quarter of this country's bills.

Archived