Meanwhile, the rich get richer..

You see to most people, the thought of earning £140,000 after tax would be quite an incentive to go out and build a successful business. Especially with the start up help that would be available from the centralised fund.

If you were truly concerned about the economy you would see that the only way to sustain it is to keep the money moving round.

Instead you seem to prefer the practice that allows money to become more and more concentrated in the hands of the few.

And as soon as their business looked like taking off, the cap would be a huge incentive to take their business elsewhere.

What's the fascination that some people have for dragging successful folk down to their level?

Your argument is a rhetorical defence mechanism and excuse the rich employ for their profiting out of the poor and the rising inequality that is doing so much damage to society.

Your argument is a rhetorical defence mechanism and excuse the rich employ for their profiting out of the poor and the rising inequality that is doing so much damage to society.

... and your argument is wrong but an obvious one to put forward when in the pay of a privately funded organisation.

You presume I'll be upset that I'm no longer a proper citizen. Well I wont be - because the UK wont be a proper country. It'll be a basket case second world sick man of Europe - again...
I wouldn't worry too much, Obelix, about no longer being a "proper" citizen (what's one of them, btw :huh:).

I've been a French citizen since birth, still am and unlikely to change that anytime soon.

I haven't paid any tax there whatsoever since at least 2005 when the Gvt, inspired by such ideals as studentbob's, decided in a fit overnight to tax French non-residents at 25% minimum on the first €0,01 earned, rather than the normal €4,000-0%, €4,001-15%, etc. thresholds. I immediately sold out the assets and moved the proceeds. As did tens of thousands of others. To this day, Bercy is still hiding the cost to the State of the measure.

So far as I am aware, at least in the UK (and for most EU Member States, certainly FR, LU, DE and IE) citizenship is entirely unrelated to one's residence and/or taxation status.

I think you'll find the argument is simply common sense, Wildcat. Essentially: WYSIWYG.

EDIT:

How do you improve the "intellectual capital" of the country?
By funding and/or employing scientists and/or engineers to invent new products, solutions and developments in the UK, which customers will want to buy across the globe. Ask Mr Dyson or the gents at ARM ;)

... and your argument is wrong but an obvious one to put forward when in the pay of a privately funded organisation.

I have the evidence of the changing distribution of wealth and of rising inequality to justify my viewpoint. Based on what evidence do you say I am wrong ?

I have the evidence of the changing distribution of wealth and of rising inequality to justify my viewpoint. Based on what evidence do you say I am wrong ?

You could try again with some different jibberish?

Archived