Which Businesses should be worried about the savage Benefit cuts?

If I was a landlord I would be converting my property into a HMO, I would be actively targeting unemployed under 35s as the Shared Room rate between a few of them will yield a better return than the market rent workers are paying.

I'm actually considering to do so, jut to prove a point that the system has flaws. It's like a license to print money of he backs of unemployed or low income workers.

whats the big thing about these shared houses??

in the 80s/90s thats what the majority of rented houses were, ive lived in 5 or 6 of em

So you would see buy to let home owners (effectively small businesses) as possible losers from this?

These people are parasites.

They should be hit hard and fast.

I would change the housing benefit in a manner which would seriously dent there income.

I would bankrupt them. Maybe even jail them and work them for a while to pay back their debts to society.

really? i dont think it works like that, ive yet to see a landlord lower a rent just to keep somebody in it

True, the demand for rented accommodation is sky high and landlords can name their price. Housing benefit has never covered the full cost of rent. When the housing people used to visit to check on the conditions they never forced the landlord to decrease the rent they just cut the benefit.

If rents were more reasonable then there wouldn't be such high Housing benefit claims. Of course we couldn't regulate rents or we'd be called "Communist" and all the right wingers would froth at the mouth about a Marxist state.

whats the big thing about these shared houses??

in the 80s/90s thats what the majority of rented houses were, ive lived in 5 or 6 of em

Lets build enough social housing to house everyone. Lets have a high amount of social rented housing and the ability for tenants to easily move to another area to find work/chase their chosen jobs.

Ideally we should build it near to areas of future employment.

Since you would be taking the HB from the council, it's not a licence to print money off any low income groups, so stop using weasel words.

HB guaranteed income of property = X

Cost of mortgage for property = Y

IF X > Y then you have a license to print money.

Lets build enough social housing to house everyone. Lets have a high amount of social rented housing and the ability for tenants to easily move to another area to find work/chase their chosen jobs.

Ideally we should build it near to areas of future employment.

lets live in a utopia

on the real world...do we even have space to build enough houses? i like open spaces

lets live in a utopia

on the real world...do we even have space to build enough houses? i like open spaces

Social housing doesn't have to be spectacular.

The tower blocks destroyed in Sheffield over the past 10 or so years required little space and housed many.

They are preferable to a room in a shared house.

A 'shared house' could just as easily be a 2 bed flat in a tower block, as a 15 bed house, 6 bed house or 3 bed house.

Don't use a 3 bed house to fill the role of 3 flats. The consequence of such actions are overcrowding.

Make housing better, don't go back to the housing standards 19th century.

Social housing doesn't have to be spectacular.

The tower blocks destroyed in Sheffield over the past 10 or so years required little space and housed many.

They are preferable to a room in a shared house.

A 'shared house' could just as easily be a 2 bed flat in a tower block, as a 15 bed house, 6 bed house or 3 bed house.

Don't use a 3 bed house to fill the role of 3 flats. The consequence of such actions are overcrowding.

Make housing better, don't go back to the housing standards 19th century.

ive no idea why sheff council have taken a dislike to the tower blocks and started demolishing em all

i was dead against the ones in the early 90s they did up for the world "stupid" games, then demolished em after the games

Archived