Heil Cllr Gardner of Harrogate..wearing Nazi fancy dress

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-11609438

I work in Harrogate so as you can imagine this is doing the rounds of the office...

Glad to see that the Conservatives have taken action, and I'm sure with the people on here there will be the usual mud slinging with immediate effect, so I only intent to debate my question, which is how much privacy does a councillor expect, as well as should have in their private lives, bearing in mind their elected office.

There's a problem with wearing a fancy dress outfit at a fancy dress party?

No, but there is a problem with a prominent member of a community showing such an appalling lack of judgement.

I think that Hitler might be a little too right wing for Harrogate Tories.

No, but there is a problem with a prominent member of a community showing such an appalling lack of judgement.

I think that Hitler might be a little too right wing for Harrogate Tories.

Yeah, he should have stuck with the white sheet and the burning cross :hihi:

There is no judgment of anything here. It was a fancy dress party.

There is. It is almost inevitable that the leader of the council would attract adverse publicity by dressing up as one of the most reviled men in history. That reflects upon the party, the council and the town.

In my judgement, that is bad judgement.

Yeah, he should have stuck with the white sheet and the burning cross :hihi:

I believe the sheet was at the dry cleaners that evening.

Pesky stains.:)

There is. It is almost inevitable that the leader of the council would attract adverse publicity by dressing up as one of the most reviled men in history. That reflects upon the party, the council and the town.

In my judgement, that is bad judgement.

He dressed as Rupert Murdoch? :huh:

Archived