Heil Cllr Gardner of Harrogate..wearing Nazi fancy dress

This just shows the intolerance for freedom of speech and expression in England.

Wearing a Nazi uniform may not be in the best of taste but that's the least of the problem.

More serious is the creeping tyranny of the righteously correct who are as intolerant of anything that does not conform to their way of thinking as the Nazis intoleration of the Jews.

Exactly.

Next time he ought to go as Osama Bin Laden. That would have the Polly Toynbee brigade literally salivating.

I bet the Romans and Vikings killed a fair few people, why is dressing as a Roman or Viking not un-PC?

Agreed entirely. The Romans were just as barbaric as the Nazis yet we glorify their deeds on TV and even teach our kids about them in our schools! I wonder if anyone was dressed as a centurion at the party?

This just shows the intolerance for freedom of speech and expression in England.

Wearing a Nazi uniform may not be in the best of taste but that's the least of the problem.

More serious is the creeping tyranny of the righteously correct who are as intolerant of anything that does not conform to their way of thinking as the Nazis intoleration of the Jews.

Exactly the way I see it.

The left wingers and do-gooders just love sticking the knife in when somebody does something which they can twist into being a problem - it's a shame that the loud minority of loony left get listened to rather than the good ignoring they deserve.

Exactly the way I see it.

The left wingers and do-gooders just love sticking the knife in when somebody does something which they can twist into being a problem - it's a shame that the loud minority of loony left get listened to rather than the good ignoring they deserve.

and its highly hypicritical that the very same people who bang on about freedom of speech are the very same people who constantly rant about muslims shouting at returning servicemen.....................you cant have it both ways

You should be ashamed of yourself for comparing the actions of those who are shocked by this behaviour with the actions of the Nazis. I'm sure that on reflection, you will consider the murder of 6 million Jews and ten times as many soldier deaths to be more serious than a bit of moral outrage.
No, the intolerance of the anti-brigade today is hardly different to that of the Nazis.

As for your figures - I suggest you read up on the war.

It does not reflect upon anything, because this is a fancy dress party. It has no bearing whatsoever on anyone, or anything, that is outside of that party.

Correct.

This sounds like a cheap points scoring exercise by a political enemy in the town , as i cant believe a member of the public could be offended at a costume worn at a fancy dress party.

This needs to be kept in context for what it was ........

and its highly hypicritical that the very same people who bang on about freedom of speech are the very same people who constantly rant about muslims shouting at returning servicemen.....................you cant have it both ways
It's not the same at all.

Wearing fancy dress which is designed to lampoon an infamous historical character is hardly preaching hatred against anybody in our community.

Can you honestly not see that? Maybe not :rolleyes:

Archived