Heil Cllr Gardner of Harrogate..wearing Nazi fancy dress

Correct.

This sounds like a cheap points scoring exercise by a political enemy in the town , as i cant believe a member of the public could be offended at a costume worn at a fancy dress party.

This needs to be kept in context for what it was ........

exactly, its a fancy dress party, do we all really want to go as the nice characters from history? what about the freddys and frankensteins?

It's not the same at all.

Wearing fancy dress which is designed to lampoon an infamous historical character is hardly preaching hatred against anybody in our community.

Can you honestly not see that? Maybe not :rolleyes:

oh i get it, so freedom of speech is demanded but only the bits YOU LIKE? :huh::loopy::suspect:

sorry but thats not freedom of speech, thats YOU dictating whats allowable and who is scum

exactly, its a fancy dress party, do we all really want to go as the nice characters from history? what about the freddys and frankensteins?

If this man was walking around the streets of Harrogate wearing this uniform whilst Goose-stepping and holding his arm outstretched in front of him , i could understand the reaction of some of the posters on here , BUT he wasn`t . He was at a fancy dress party .

Sadly that fact seems lost on some of those on here who have condemned his actions.

If this man was walking around the streets of Harrogate wearing this uniform whilst Goose-stepping and holding his arm outstretched in front of him , i could understand the reaction of some of the posters on here , BUT he wasn`t . He was at a fancy dress party .

Sadly that fact seems lost on some of those on here who have condemned his actions.

May i ask, the newly-elected muslim is photographed at a party dressed as Osama Bin laden.

You'd have no problem with that then?

oh i get it, so freedom of speech is demanded but only the bits YOU LIKE? :huh::loopy::suspect:

sorry but thats not freedom of speech, thats YOU dictating whats allowable and who is scum

What? Who have I called scum? And whose freedom of speech have I attempted to limit?

I've just said that there's a difference (perhaps lost on some) between somebody attending a party in fancy dress for a laugh, and somebody screaming hatred at others in the high street.

Reasonable people can recognise the difference between the two.

May i ask, the newly-elected muslim is photographed at a party dressed as Osama Bin laden.

The question may not have been directed at me but why should anybody object? I'd just think 'top chap' for his sense of humour.

Thats a joke in itself. Islam and democracy are completely imcompatible, you see, in a democracy, people are in charge, whereas in Islam, its the word of Allah.

My thoughts exactly .

Unless of course we are now going down the road of censoring fancy dress partys ,and what can and cannot be worn at them .

Anyway , he wasn`t even a very convincing Hitler , members of the royal family do a much better job.

:hihi::hihi:

Its more like Hitler's casual stuff.

if its a fancy dress i have no problem, yet again its a well recognised figure from recent history, theres no political overtones

again its about in what context it is

Archived