Heil Cllr Gardner of Harrogate..wearing Nazi fancy dress

Thats a joke in itself. Islam and democracy are completely imcompatible, you see, in a democracy, people are in charge, whereas in Islam, its the word of Allah.

in ANY religion god is above anything else, some of my missuses family are jehovas witnesses and earlier this year her brother died, they had a christian funeral as he isnt jehovas and his wife is a christian.

her grandma and grandad sat outsie in the car after bringing me and some others there and waited till everybody came out.

no matter what THEY as people wanted / needed to do they did what they had to do over and beyond their own personal needs in the eyes of god, it mustve been betraying god if they went into another gods church?

if its a fancy dress i have no problem, yet again its a well recognised figure from recent history, theres no political overtones

again its about in what context it is

Is it any different to somebody dressing up as Hitler?

Is it any different to somebody dressing up as Hitler?

in fancy dress? no, like i said, they are recognisable figures from history, no point dressing up as someone indistinct that nobody knows who they are

same as horror films, the chamber of horrors at madame tussuades, even tho some of those people were real and murdered lots of people people like to go, see the "art" and be scared

its not real, it doesnt mean they idolise them or want to emulate them

apart from the extreme end

the thing that gets me about all these "in the public eye" hitler type cases, its somebody doing something privately at a party, then the papers get photos and make a big hoohaaa about its the worst thing ever, when in fact theres a lot worse things happening out there

No, the intolerance of the anti-brigade today is hardly different to that of the Nazis.

There are lots of "anti-brigades". Most people with a point of view are anti-something, by definition. Let me give you an example, in another thread, you wrote this:

My point is that the overt displays, often I suspect designed to nauseate heterosexuals, only damage the reputation of homosexuals in general.

I'm mostly anti people who are inconsistent.

What do you think?

What is that 'rule' that states all threads will eventually mention Hitler if they go on long enough? This one started with Hitler and moved on to Allah. Like Spindrift says, I would love to see everyone protecting this mans right to offend offering the same support to a muslim councillor dressed up as osama.

There are lots of "anti-brigades". Most people with a point of view are anti-something, by definition. Let me give you an example, in another thread, you wrote this:

I'm mostly anti people who are inconsistent.

What do you think?

I think I'm not the sort of person who would campaign against something like that, or object formally to it at a private party.

I think I'm not the sort of person who would campaign against something like that, or object formally to it at a private party.

Me neither, generally speaking. I'm happy for peole to do pretty much as they want, as long as they don't harm others.

In this case, I think the guy overstepped the mark for two reasons; He is a prominent local figure and he made a pretty poor choice of fancy dress. He deserves the bad press. The people of Harrogate deserve politicians with better judgement to run their affairs.

None of that explains why you are happy to apply one set of priciples to Tory councillors and a completely different set to homosexuals.

Exactly the way I see it.

The left wingers and do-gooders just love sticking the knife in when somebody does something which they can twist into being a problem - it's a shame that the loud minority of loony left get listened to rather than the good ignoring they deserve.

My bold

Quote:

Conservative Party headquarters said he had been suspended pending an investigation into his conduct.

That's the first time I've heard the Conservatives described as "loony left" :hihi:

Archived